The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Family Palace like buildings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Sun 17 Aug - 08:37 (2014)    Post subject: Family Palace like buildings Reply with quote

I have worked on what could be the halls of the assembly of dwarves. Since the bonuses were huge, building costs and time would make it very difficult to be built. So I split it in 3 buildings with several uprgrades.
A also added some new bonuses if we decide this building is the home of the elected king of all the dwarves (from the assembly event) and I was inspired by the family palace bonus. The demesne bonus is what would partially be gained from technology (+5 for emperors with max tech)

Remarks :
- Not for the whole province of Gundabad, only in capital barony (throne room I think)
- dependant upon the completion of the assembly event, this building should be available only to the elected king only (we can make it dependant on a global flag, or on a trait. A trait would be nicer but is should be removed from a character who lost an election). A trait would also prevent any non elected dwarf to have access to the building. A global flag wouldn't. I could work on it but removing the trait from a king who lost is probably too difficult for me.
- To make sure the elected king has easy access to this province, we could add an event like the ones for Byzantium/Roman Empire to gain the province of Constantinople/Rome. Since it should "just" be modifying an existing event, I might deal with it, but it might require the new dwarvish union (by the way I really dislike that name, it makes me think about an advertizing for old people life insurance -Norwich union I think-) to have gundabad for capital (no difficult to change I think)

Same stuff for other races ? - Dwarves are builders so I think this fits them nicely
- The most advanced human cultures could have this : I am only thinking about Osgiliath since we might not give twice this kind of building to the same race ( as it would be is we do it for both Arnor and Gondor). Numenoreans already have a huge demesne size bonuses though. So we might not add some and replace them with intrigue and Learning bonuses.
- I am not sure that Sauron and Saruman would do it, but it might simulates their own additions (if culture dependant, it would disappear after their defeat and no of them woul have the other one "palace" so why not... What about the witch king ? Does he have enough knowledge left to justify this ?
- Elves are not builders in the same way, so it would require differences, and witch province could have this ? Ost-in-Edhil as the former noldor capital ?
So... Awaiting your opinions Smile

I finish to copy the building costs/time and I put the files in the dropbox (dwarves only for now of course).

Last edited by Athoen on Sun 17 Aug - 09:25 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 17 Aug - 08:37 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Sun 17 Aug - 09:24 (2014)    Post subject: Family Palace like buildings Reply with quote

Files added (by the way, garrison size bonus removed from original version, those buildings are already strong enough)
I made a new trait for testing purpose : assembly_complete (the buildings can't be build if you do not give it to your character, but this trait is not given from the assembly event for now)

The diplomacy and demesne size bonuses do not work, I'll try to understand why
Attributes seem to be free in family place buildings, so I added no cost. I see it as the reward from the assembly event.

As said in the thread about trait dependant buildings, the buildings own directly by the player are lost, so we cannot make buildings like above trait-dependant.

By the way, I have copied the decision to receive the county of Gundabad from the "claim Constantinople" one in vanilla.
It works and is very easy to modify.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug - 10:29 (2014)    Post subject: Family Palace like buildings Reply with quote

Ok, we even can do the "claim Gundabad" thing without the decision and only by an event, so it'll be automically granted. What do you think?

In the same way, we can grant automatically the land of Gundabad to any new holder of the Kingdom of Dwarvish Union/All the Mountains/Whatever (^^). So, the buildings won't be destroyed at new election, as the land will be part of the succession?
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug - 11:32 (2014)    Post subject: Family Palace like buildings Reply with quote

If Gundabad is received at the end of the election event, then the hall buildings can stay trait dependant. Might be a nice way to do it and be sure that thos buildings are gained only with the election but we must be sure there will be not gap in the succession.
The election should be forced again everey 20 years as planned
BUT the death of the elected king should also force a new election so it can give the trait to the heir (if the succession is not made only through the event, the heir won't have the trait and then lose the buildings). Can the death of the character trigger a new election at once ? (before the game realize the heir doesn't have the trait ?

A gobal flag would be easier, but less immersive. As long as the land of gundabad is automaticaly given to the new king, we might want to keep it simple (with the trait, I fear about unplanned situations causing bugs.)

Another easy way (with Gundabad given during the election) would be to make a building preventing the assembly to be built as long as it exists (an" Ancient Stone of the Assembly", anything immersive). The end of the event would remove this building from the throne room, allowing the building to be built. But the hall would still be available to a non elected dwarf

By the way, there is always the risk of the AI giving away gundabad to a vassal (if the player lost the election). How can we make sure the AI desn't ? Make Gundabad Capital of the Kingdom of all the Beers/Beards/Bears Under the Mountains Mr. Green ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 10:52 (2014)    Post subject: Family Palace like buildings Reply with quote

I believe that we can trigger it with a "has_landed_title = e_all_mountains", so even in the succession, the buildings will still be builded Wink
We don't needs a specific trait, the title is enough in my opinion. 
And yeah, Gundabad should be the capital, so AI will keeps it in his demesne normally!
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 10:59 (2014)    Post subject: Family Palace like buildings Reply with quote

What's the dofference between e_durin_folk and e_all_mountain?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 11:00 (2014)    Post subject: Family Palace like buildings Reply with quote

e_durin_folk is a title called "King of the Durin's Folk", so basically, the King of Durin's Folk is only the leader of the Longbeards, when e_all_mountains will be the King of all the Tribes Wink
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug - 05:04 (2014)    Post subject: Family Palace like buildings Reply with quote

It works with "trigger = { FROM = { has_landed_title = e_all_mountains } }" (trait removed from potential)
Any dwarf can use already built buildings (but by giving the land of gundabad during the event that won't happen) but only the king of all mountains can upgrade them
And this also prevents the buildings to be destroyed should anything unplanned happen.

The main advantage I see is that any dwarf player having colonized Gundabad will see that there are major buildings available only to th king of all the mountains, it should encourage them to start the event.

Last edited by Athoen on Wed 20 Aug - 14:59 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug - 13:41 (2014)    Post subject: Family Palace like buildings Reply with quote

Yep, sounds good. 
With this thing, it'll be easier to do i think. 
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:10 (2017)    Post subject: Family Palace like buildings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange