The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 09:20 (2014)    Post subject: Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim Reply with quote

From what I read, this road used to link Moria to the Iron Hills (http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Forest_Road)

Therefore it should have existed in many more provinces than just the 2 it is in-game for now.
it seems to be really destroyed only after the River Running close by Erebor
May be we could add it to more provinces and "link" Moria to Erebor this way

After Erebor, there could be ruins of the Men-i-Naugrim in the two wilderness provinces north of Dale and Erebor (Adligwold and Forsteard if no mistake) and make an event to rebuild it
(We could also make ruins in all the other province)
- if owned by dwarves, lower cost
- if owned by non-dwarf character (but dwarf friendly so not available to orcs and co !) higher cost : they would have to pay dwarves to build it.

In game the men i naugrim does not prevent the building of other roads while it was planned to do so, but I do not think it is really a problem : the Men-i-naugrim is a straight grand road going in one direction, the other roads could simulates all the other used directions

By the way, the prestige gain from the men-i-naugrim seems too high to me

Here are the provinces that would be concerned (only the capital barony is concerned for now, so I would keep it that way).
(starting from Moria, but excluded, I propose to make another road upgrade available to dwarves only since it seems lorefriendly AND since the dwarven kingdom are so far away it takes a very long time to gather all forces. Long enough to lose a war before having a chance to fight the ennemy army. It happened to me against Gondor, they occupied many of my provinces before I could bring my army to them -I even thought dwarves had a negative modifier for moving but I can't find it if this is the case)
So back to the list :
- Nandhuirion
- Fanuidhol
Then keeping close to the moutain seems more logical to me
- Imlad Ninglor
- Sir Ninglor
- Metheburg
- Carrock (crossing the Anduin... the crossing exist in-game. Haven't found trace of a bridge over te river however)
- Beorn's hall
- Forest Gate
---Mirkwood---
Celanduin
Esgaroth
Dale ? Not sure about this one since I think Dale was built after the Men-i-Naugrim. But are we sure it wasn't built on its path ? It would be highly logical.
(Erebor excluded, just like Moria)

Last edited by Athoen on Tue 19 Aug - 12:03 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 09:20 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 10:57 (2014)    Post subject: Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim Reply with quote

Yeah, sounds good for me! We should add some province modifier too, so when the Men-i-Naugrim is build in a province, the armies will be able to move faster. Will look at this for all the roads buildings.  Okay
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 11:00 (2014)    Post subject: Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim Reply with quote

Nice because I do not know how to increase speed of armies from buildings :p
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 11:03 (2014)    Post subject: Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim Reply with quote

Yeah, it seems to don't work when the modifier is added in the buildings, i believe it'll only works when triggered for the whole province. So basically, if a province get one of these builldings, i can make a small event that'll give the corresponding province modifier. Quite simple to do!

By the way, after the Men-i-Naugrim, what about the North-South Road and the East-West one?
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 11:09 (2014)    Post subject: Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim Reply with quote

Lonhaldar wrote:

By the way, after the Men-i-Naugrim, what about the North-South Road and the East-West one?

Well I know nothing of these roads so far Smile But I am not against doing them.
If Human built, they should have slightly lesser bonuses than the men-i-naugrim
It also dépends if we make the Men-i-Naugrim completly built for now until erebor (easy and fast work) or if we want the player to rebuilt id with event (events will make much more time to be made.

Maybe for now we can just plan to have the player rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim on the last section, between erebor and the Iron hills

EDIt : okay Smile
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Greenway (human made from fornost to Pelargir, other roads to Minas Ithil)
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Great_East_Road (dwarven made, conecting Moria to Blue Mountains)
I think all these roads will be different buildings and no uprgrades from the classic roads.

I'll start with the Men-i-Naugrim Smile
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 13:33 (2014)    Post subject: Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim Reply with quote

After some tests, the events are working. BUT, for a weird reason, i've got a bad "NONE" instead of the local_speed_modifier information. Don't know if it really works or no...

Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 14:52 (2014)    Post subject: Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim Reply with quote

Work done for the Men-i-Naugrim (without event for now) and for the Great East Road

I changed 2 files :
"main_buildings" localisation file changed into 00_main_buildings
Province history file 295 : removed a line about the history of the buildings : it prevented the main barony (concerned by the buildings) to show.

Question : Esgaroth is the main barony of the county for now, but it is a city build upon a lake, so the men-i-naugrim shouldn't go through it.
Besides, any feudal player will change this capital to a castle barony as soon as possible IMO.
So we should decide witch castle barony stands on the western side of the lake, this one would get the Men-I-Naugrim (first barony in the list by default IMO : b_blueport)

Last edited by Athoen on Tue 19 Aug - 15:00 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 14:57 (2014)    Post subject: Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim Reply with quote

Lonhaldar wrote:
After some tests, the events are working. BUT, for a weird reason, i've got a bad "NONE" instead of the local_speed_modifier information. Don't know if it really works or no...

If you want to make more portion of the Men-i-naugrim to be rebuilt, I just have to add the barony name to the "ruined Men-i-Naugrim" (this one prevents the Men-I-Naugrim to be built for now)
The event would remove the ruined version and add the correct one.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 19:16 (2014)    Post subject: Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim Reply with quote

The local_speed_modifier only affect provinces if I don't get wrong. I don't know  if this info can be useful for you
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 21:27 (2014)    Post subject: Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim Reply with quote

That's what i did, it´s a province modifier for the while province if one holding get the corresponding building Wink
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug - 12:41 (2014)    Post subject: Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim Reply with quote

Added the North-South road with all the differetn names depending of its part. Starting to Fornost, edding to Pelargir (Greenway, Old South Road, Great West Road, South Road)
Sources from http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Greenway
Also added the King's Highway from Minas Tirith to Minas Ithil.

Work to do : Change some portion into ruined versions (dunlending portion during the War of the Ring...)
Add the Harad Road.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug - 13:39 (2014)    Post subject: Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim Reply with quote

Most of the North-South Road should be ruined after 103018 ingame IMHO, as Arnor fell, and there's no-one to use these roads at this time (it should be still used only in Gondor and in Bree-land). For the Men-i-Naugrim, i suggest to make ruins between Moria and Forest Roads, as there's no dwarves in moria to use it  Okay
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Tue 11 Nov - 07:19 (2014)    Post subject: Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim Reply with quote

I changed the dunlending portion into ruins. Dwarves and numenoreans players can rebuild it (just an upgrade for now).
Dwarven players can now rebuild the ruined men i naugrim (just an upgrade for now)

Question about esgaroth : the men i naugrim can't go into a lake so I removed the men i naugrim from the barony of esgaroth and added it to the first castle barony ("blueport"). Tell me if you disagree.
However, should we add such building to the whole county or just into one holding : are the over holdings supposed to benefit from such a highway in the province ? If yes, maybe change it into a province building.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 21:50 (2017)    Post subject: Rebuild the Men-i-Naugrim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange