The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Rewriting War of Ring event chain
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 01:06 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

I have plans to completely rewrite the entire event chain for all characters, including every stage of the journey and dangers which can occur, using the books. E.g. the full trip from Bag End to Old Forest, across the Barrows and to Bree, including the elves and the black riders and a chance to lose the ring there and then. And also events which make Bilbo move to Rivendell etc, Gandalf go to Isengard and become imprisoned etc

I'll use this thread to post updates and take suggestions
Visit poster’s website Skype
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 01:06 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 01:18 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

I'm working on adding a titular title d_ringbearer which the current ringbearer will hold, so we can have Frodo be landless and have other counts in charge of Hobbiton etc. This way Frodo can be referenced in events without holding land and the title can be given to whoever has the ring by event
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 02:55 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

That's a great idea.

Also, do you think that Sam, Merry and Pipin can be made playable using the same method (titular title) if we ever find a away to make them fun to play?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 08:37 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

Wow great Redit.
PS: Please, do something about Saruman if he loses the war against Rohan-Gondor. Currently, that part of the story is quite poor
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 09:25 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

I planned to rework this too, but go ahead Smile if you wants some helps, don't hesitate! I'll post some suggestions later today 
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 10:04 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

Concerning suggestions:
It's time to solve the question of Sauron's "spirit form" that should be incapable to avoid him leading and fighting wars. Since the entire chain will be rewritten, just create a "spirit" trait that makes him incapable and write a simple event that removes it when he gets the ring.
Then, if Lon wants and has time to do it, he could "link" the eye portrait with the spirit form trait and make it change to Sauron's normal form when he gets the ring.
What do you think?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 10:09 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

Looks like something i can do Wink
No needs of a "spirit" trait, maybe that the former ringbearer trait should be enough, no?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 10:15 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

Lonhaldar wrote:
Looks like something i can do Wink
No needs of a "spirit" trait, maybe that the former ringbearer trait should be enough, no?

Nope, because even Bilbo and Frodo will get the ringbearer/former ribgbearer traits  Wink
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 10:18 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

Hmmm, we should remove this from Sauron then, and give hime another one. By the way, if it's only a matter of portrait, we can change something for sauron that won't affect the hobbits, as they don't have the same portraits Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 10:24 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

/Edit/
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 10:36 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

If I remember correctly there are 2 ringbearer traits:
"Former ringbearer": the character held the ring that now is destroyed (health bonus)
"Ringbearer": the character held the ring that still exist (immortal?)

If this is correct, Sauron should have, during the wotr scenario, the "Ringbearer" and "Spirit form" traits
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 10:41 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

Ok ok... But it'll have a lot of traits, with the dwarven rings, the race one, the ringbearer+spirit form, the personnality ones, ... Won't it be too unreadable ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 10:45 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

It seems to be one of the features of our mod  Mr. Green
I think we can remove one of his vanilla traits, if i remember well he has both cruel and ruthless, one will be enough  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 10:47 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

Laughing
Yeah, i'll look at his traits, and will try to work on this. By the way, if he'll have his corporal form, i needs to work on the maiar portraits too ^^
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 14:53 (2014)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain Reply with quote

Sam, Merry, Pippin etc will all have their own events which will unfold depending on the choices of each, but it will be fairly predictable, perhaps a 95-99 percent chance each time that they will do as they do in the book, I could perhaps give them their own titles

Will look into a Scouring of the Shire type scenario for Saruman's defeat

As he is a Maiar culture and no other Maiar get the ring, we can use the former ringbearer trait to trigger the spirit/eye portrait 'hat' and when he loses the trait have the Ring trait and have his corporeal form? But that won't give him the incapable trait so a new trait will be better. Spirit form sounds a little silly to me Razz But I guess it works, with a description
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:09 (2017)    Post subject: Rewriting War of Ring event chain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange