The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

New WOTR Event Status
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 26 Aug - 14:44 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

Current status and work on new event chains for War of the Ring bookmark

Frodo + Fellowship > Rivendell - Redit
Rivendell meeting
Fellowship > Rauros
Frodo + Sam to Mordor
Fellowship + Isengard

Rohan + Isengard - Lonhaldar
Dale+Dwarves/Easterlings - Lonhaldar
Mordor+Umbar/Gondor - Lonhaldar
Dwarves + Dale
Aragorn and Arwen
War
Easterlings
Haradrim
Sauron
Gondor + Rohan

Last edited by Redit on Tue 2 Sep - 01:29 (2014); edited 3 times in total
Visit poster’s website Skype
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 26 Aug - 14:44 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 31 Aug - 10:15 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

I'll work on the wars events : Rohan vs Isengard  -  Dwarves / Dale vs Easterlings - Gondor vs Umbar / Mordor, if you're agree  Okay
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 01:30 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

Sure, let me know how it goes and we can discuss it before it's final
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 03:07 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

Frodo now has now no titles except a titular Bearer of the One Ring duchy, you can play as him only through Bookmark suggested character list, and if he loses the ring or dies the game will end, as the heir will be totally landless and titleless

I am doing this format for events

Event A
Event B (
95% chance of success
1% chance Frodo dies
1% chance Sam dies
1% chance Pippin dies
1% chance Merry dies
1% chance they all die
)
Event C

If a character dies who needs to be alive to save someone else as per the story, they have a huge chance to fail in future
e.g. Sam dies during the ferry crossing to Buckland, as a result, Frodo drowns in the Old Forest after falling asleep, etc

If Frodo dies I think the whole quest is ruined, but I guess there could be the possibility that Sam takes over
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 08:58 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

So, who holds the lands of Frodo now?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 14:55 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

For now in my build Paladin got Frodos four (FOUR!) counties, but I want each county to have it's own count, will add non canon families if need be
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 14:58 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

I added some can hobbits dynasties with non canon characters (families of some wives), so you can use them Wink
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 15:05 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

Great! Will do
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 15:10 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

Some screenshots of the Battles of the Fords of Isen, events for Theoden Wink

Basically, you'll have to choose if you send Eomer or Théodred to fight at the Fords of Isen. Once the character is in the trap, you can try to help me to espace, or to send the other one (Eomer or Theodred) to help him. In the second case, you can see the two character killed! 
So four options possible :
- Théodred is killed
- Eomer is killed
- Théodred AND Eomer are killed
- They survived, but can become wounded/maimed/infirm.
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 17:49 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

Regarding canon battle-events, can you trigger them to happen more closely to each other? It's weird having a canon-battles spanning over half-a-year...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 18:05 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

Yes, i'm trying to make them more closely. But keep in mind that we've to simulate the whole quest for the ring, and we needs more time to make it ingame than in the books Wink
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 18:07 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

Of course xD

It's only this kind of events that are stranger to happen over a long time than others.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 18:09 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

Yeah, with a rebuild of all these events, we won't have these weird blank periods between two wars, normally Smile
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 4 Sep - 15:56 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

Current Progress on my side :
Wars Rohan/isengard : 40% (Battle of Helm's Deep needs to be done)
Wars Gondor/Mordor : 20% ( Main war to be done, conquest of Cair Andros and Osgiliath done)
Wars Gondor/Umbar : 50% (Conquest of Tolfalas done, second conflict to be done during the main war)
Wars Dale-Erebor / Easterlings : 66% (Conclusions events needs to be done)
Wars Thranduil-Celeborn / Dol Guldur-Misty Mountains : 0%
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 4 Sep - 16:05 (2014)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status Reply with quote

I've noticed that Saruman will have the chance to choose his side, very good.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 02:55 (2017)    Post subject: New WOTR Event Status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange