The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Lifestyle/Birth/Other generic events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 02:08 (2014)    Post subject: Lifestyle/Birth/Other generic events Reply with quote

I have disabled all events of this sort (Good tumble, Nettlesome neighbour, Falconry or Hunting etc) for all religions except Edain (Men) in my own build and I think it's an improvement for now. We can add special flavour events for each race in future, I just don't think it's good having Hobbits, Elves and even Sauron getting these events. Thoughts?
Visit poster’s website Skype
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 02:08 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 08:55 (2014)    Post subject: Lifestyle/Birth/Other generic events Reply with quote

Yes, i agree with that. We'll needs to add a lot of new events for the other races by the way, but we should do it for better immersion!
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 17:45 (2014)    Post subject: Lifestyle/Birth/Other generic events Reply with quote

Yes, disabling them is a huge step to the better. I've thought about events to replace them, but I'm at a loss when it comes to Elven events. I mean, they live thousands of years and are not supposed to go around carving huge empires. How on Arda will we make those millennia-spanning lifetimes interesting? [pun totally intended xD]
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 2 Sep - 22:57 (2014)    Post subject: Lifestyle/Birth/Other generic events Reply with quote

Most players won't play more than 200 years I think, but I agree we need to think of some good flavour for them, perhaps some long event chains, preparing to sail west, researching history, etc
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Wed 3 Sep - 01:59 (2014)    Post subject: Lifestyle/Birth/Other generic events Reply with quote

But we want them to play more than that, right? Middle-Earth progresses at a very slow pace. 200 years is the blink of an eye, hardly enough to get the feeling of what the world is.

I dream that one day we'll manage to make them play at least 500 years Smile
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 3 Sep - 02:54 (2014)    Post subject: Lifestyle/Birth/Other generic events Reply with quote

Ck2 is about characters and bookmarks, trying different gameplay styles and scenarios, as well as the long game as a single family

500 years is longer than original vanilla duration, and we need to provide more goals or make them harder to achieve for people to stick with it that long
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Wed 3 Sep - 14:52 (2014)    Post subject: Lifestyle/Birth/Other generic events Reply with quote

Indeed, I know it's difficult. Like I said, "one day"...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 3 Sep - 18:44 (2014)    Post subject: Lifestyle/Birth/Other generic events Reply with quote

Yeah, we really needs someone who can work only on the flavour events i think...
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 11:18 (2017)    Post subject: Lifestyle/Birth/Other generic events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange