The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Opening Event

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 15:09 (2014)    Post subject: Opening Event Reply with quote

I think it would be great to have an opening event like Lux Invicta/other mods which gives a summary of new additions, known bugs and allows a tutorial type event chain for how mod features work that can be accessed in game, optionally of course, thoughts?

Last edited by Redit on Sun 14 Sep - 15:47 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Visit poster’s website Skype
Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 15:09 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 15:43 (2014)    Post subject: Opening Event Reply with quote

How can we make a tutorial?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 15:47 (2014)    Post subject: Opening Event Reply with quote

Not a tutorial exactly, it's just an event chain that fires at the very start on day 1 which if you choose the option for will tell you how things work, like e.g. How to colonise with our mechanics, How Gondorians are stronger fighters than Orcs, etc
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 15:50 (2014)    Post subject: Opening Event Reply with quote

Oh ok! Sounds like a good idea Smile
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep - 22:10 (2014)    Post subject: Opening Event Reply with quote

I have implemented this using same system as Lux Invicta mod, it triggers for all characters on startup in any bookmark, minimap has also been changed here

The only problem is that the next events this leads to in Lux Invicta are done through a mysterious 'guide' character in a humorous tutorial, but I'm not sure which characters we could use for this. Tom Bombadil or Manwe I thought but Tom is a real playable count and Manwe probably wouldn't give advice to Sauron Rolling Eyes
Any ideas for a mysterious character who could be giving advice to a player AND be canon/lore accurate?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep - 23:19 (2014)    Post subject: Opening Event Reply with quote

Eru Iluvatar. He could give Sauron advice but, in the end, even Sauron's evil is part of His Design xD
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep - 23:24 (2014)    Post subject: Opening Event Reply with quote

I thought of that too, but is he in the char files?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep - 23:26 (2014)    Post subject: Opening Event Reply with quote

I have no idea. Would it be too hard to add him?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep - 23:39 (2014)    Post subject: Opening Event Reply with quote

No, very easy Smile but I'm wondering why he's not in there already or if I've just missed him, only Nuku/Lon know the answer to that Wink
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 20 Sep - 00:05 (2014)    Post subject: Opening Event Reply with quote

He's not in the characters files, but maybe can we use Manwë or even better, Eonwe instead? 
Or Aulë for the dwarves? ^^
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sat 20 Sep - 00:24 (2014)    Post subject: Opening Event Reply with quote

Perhaps a character who is not Ainur, but who could plausibly be in anyone's court (although not actually in their court)?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sat 20 Sep - 05:36 (2014)    Post subject: Opening Event Reply with quote

Eonwe could be a good compromise, do you think you could work a little on Valar/Ainur/Maia portraits for next release, so they are a bit different from men?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 20 Sep - 09:07 (2014)    Post subject: Opening Event Reply with quote

Yeah, they should be ready in a couple of days, i already started Wink
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sat 20 Sep - 17:04 (2014)    Post subject: Opening Event Reply with quote

Great Very Happy
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:38 (2017)    Post subject: Opening Event

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange