The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Royal Houses of Arnor/Gondor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 17:35 (2014)    Post subject: Royal Houses of Arnor/Gondor Reply with quote

As i'm changing the rulers of cardolan/rhudaur during the fall of arnor, i made some little things :
The Kings of Cardolan and Rhudaur during the Fall of Arnor bookmark will now be the heirs of the daughter of the first king of their kingdoms now.
So, basically, the first king of Cardolan will have a daughter, and this daughter will create a line who'll inherits the kingdom once the line of isildur is broken.
Same thing for Rhudaur.

In the same time, i'll add several new mechanics : the "Royal Houses" traits. For now, 6 are planned :
- Royal House of Arnor
- Royal House of Gondor
- Royal House of Arthedain
- Royal House of Cardolan
- Royal House of Rhudaur
- Royal House of the Reunited Kingdom

Only the numenoreans characters will have the ability to join these houses, and they'll grant a lesser version of the bonuses of the "Blood of Isildur" one. 
So now, when a daughter of one of these kings will have children, these children will gain the trait "Royal House". If the King don't have any of the "Blood of Anarion"/"Blood of Isildur", his house will gain this trait too. 
At every generation, the trait will give less bonuses, and then basically, will disappears after 4 generations. This trait, will allow the character to claim the "Blood of Isildur"/"Blood of Anarion" trait, if he inherits the kingdom and if the trait "blood of isildur"/"blood of anarion" is broken.

Here's a link of the first version of the traits :
Code:
### Royal House of Arnor
rh_arnor1 = { ## First Generation
 health = 3.0
 intrigue = 2
 martial = 3
 customizer = no
 same_opinion = 20
 vassal_opinion = 10 
 cached = yes
}
rh_arnor2 = { ## Second Generation
 health = 2.5
 intrigue = 2
 martial = 2
 customizer = no
 same_opinion = 20
 vassal_opinion = 10 
 cached = yes
}
rh_arnor3 = { ## Third Generation
 health = 2.0 
 intrigue = 1
 martial = 2
 customizer = no
 same_opinion = 20
 vassal_opinion = 10 
 cached = yes
}
rh_arnor4 = { ## Fourth Generation
 health = 1.5 
 martial = 1
 customizer = no
 same_opinion = 20
 vassal_opinion = 10
 cached = yes
}

What do you think?
Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 17:35 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 18:48 (2014)    Post subject: Royal Houses of Arnor/Gondor Reply with quote

Great job, this is a much better system
Visit poster’s website Skype
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 18:52 (2014)    Post subject: Royal Houses of Arnor/Gondor Reply with quote

So, if the traits disappear after the fourth generation, then at the start of the Fall of Arnor scenario no one will have it, right? Since Arnor split in 861 and the scenario starts around 1400... Or maybe Cardolan starts with the 4th generation version; Rhudaur definitively doesn't.

P.S.: What exactly is the start year of the scenario? I'm always forgetting it Sad

P.P.S.: Great job indeed. Okay    Though I worry about trait cluttering...
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 18:56 (2014)    Post subject: Royal Houses of Arnor/Gondor Reply with quote

Moridin997 wrote:

P.P.S.: Great job indeed. Okay    Though I worry about trait cluttering...

The traits tab could be enlarged
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 19:02 (2014)    Post subject: Royal Houses of Arnor/Gondor Reply with quote

It´s not done, but i'm working on it Smile  

I'm thinking about adding an "heir of Elessar" too, and to change the "heir of isildur" "heir of anarion" ones, so only the true heir Will have the trait, and the others children will have the royal house one. So only one character by dynasty can claim the crown. Are you agree with that?

Moridin, the king and his house will have the royal house traits, as he's king Wink he'll just not have the blood of isildur one! 

Basically, here's the hierarchy:
1/ Blood of Isildur/Anarion
2/ Royal House 1st generation
3/ Royal House 2nd Generation
4/ royal House 3rd Generation
5/ Royal House 4th Generation

So, an heir of Isildur will be able to claim the title owned by a "Royal House" characters. But every numenorean king will have the "royal House" trait, as he's king Wink
The goal is to create several characters around these kings, able to inherits, with some bonuses. But to prevent too many characters, only fourth génération without links with the king Will have the traits. Could be less or more, but i think that four is good.

It looks complicated explaines like this, but it's quite simple Wink
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 19:23 (2014)    Post subject: Royal Houses of Arnor/Gondor Reply with quote

Here's basically how it should works :
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 20:19 (2014)    Post subject: Royal Houses of Arnor/Gondor Reply with quote

I think a understand it a bit more... xD

So, the King will always have Royal House 1st generation, right? If a 4th or 57th generation family member becomes King, he gets "promoted" to 1st generation?

Lonhaldar wrote:

I'm thinking about adding an "heir of Elessar" too, and to change the "heir of isildur" "heir of anarion" ones, so only the true heir Will have the trait, and the others children will have the royal house one. So only one character by dynasty can claim the crown. Are you agree with that?

So, an heir of Isildur will be able to claim the title owned by a "Royal House" characters. But every numenorean king will have the "royal House" trait, as he's king Wink

I'm not sure about these. The first idea makes family strife (like the one that shattered Arnor) practically impossible. And doesn't something like the second idea already exist in-game? Isn't that what the Isildurianath Reconquest CB simulates?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 20:22 (2014)    Post subject: Royal Houses of Arnor/Gondor Reply with quote

Yep, a king will allways be 1st generation.

For the first idea, it seems to be more logical: there's only one heir of Isildur or Anarion, no? In case of strife, we can add a mechanics to divide a title in two/three with each new king having this trait. But it's non-sense to have 100+ heirs alter some generations.
For the second idea, not really, the cb allow the heir of isildur to make wars, but i was thinking about something more... Diplomatic Wink
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 14 Sep - 20:29 (2014)    Post subject: Royal Houses of Arnor/Gondor Reply with quote

Butall this staff  is just an idea, we can make it later and think more about it Wink 
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:09 (2017)    Post subject: Royal Houses of Arnor/Gondor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange