The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Tribes and Viceroys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 16 Oct - 14:56 (2014)    Post subject: Tribes and Viceroys Reply with quote

So, how will we use these new features? That is, Lonhaldar already has some ideas for Viceroys (right, Lon?) in the Reunited Kingdom and everyone has thought of tribes for primitive or evil men and orcs.

What I mean is, we should discuss specifics. Who gets what, why and how...

Let the brainstorming commence! Cool
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 16 Oct - 14:56 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 16 Oct - 17:21 (2014)    Post subject: Tribes and Viceroys Reply with quote

I hope we can set different tribal holding pics for different races, as far as I can tell there is currently only one for all tribes in vanilla

I think Orcs should be tribal, Haradrim and Khand, Variags, Nurniags, Wainriders, Easterlings etc should be tribal, Dunland, Saralainn, Old Pukel Land, Hillmen, Angmarim, Goblins etc

Sauron can use viceroys in the Nazgul, and Princedoms are better simulated a viceroyalties than actual titles
Visit poster’s website Skype
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 16 Oct - 21:53 (2014)    Post subject: Tribes and Viceroys Reply with quote

In my opinion, Orcs under Sauron's direct control should not be tribal. Sauron didn't call Orc allies into war, he press-ganged the ville Orkish scum and he was obeyed without question.

Agreed about the Nazgul.

Also, what Princedoms are you talking about?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 16 Oct - 23:26 (2014)    Post subject: Tribes and Viceroys Reply with quote

In Arnor/Gondor the Princes were more like viceroys than petty kings

The 'tribe' thing clearly has some connotations that I don't think are reflected in game.

For me, the tribal holdings simply represent Orcs better than Barons and Mayors, there is just an Orc 'settlement' rather than a feudal set up, full of the random Orc Pits etc. The being Sauron's allies called in thing doesn't matter in this respect, they will still be his vassals. Unless of course, a feudal realm can't have non-feudal vassals, which now I'm typing this makes a lot of sense, in that case I would agree that Mordor/Isengard Orcs should be feudal, while Gundabad, Moria, Goblin Town etc are tribal
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct - 00:17 (2014)    Post subject: Tribes and Viceroys Reply with quote

A feudal realm can have tribal vassals, who will behave as tribes. That means that Sauron, Master of Middle-Earth, would not be able to directly control his Orkish vassals in war. That just doesn't seem right to me...

Also, were the Princes really that much like Viceroys rather than Hereditary Lords? I don't get that feeling from the books...
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct - 03:41 (2014)    Post subject: Tribes and Viceroys Reply with quote

I am playing norse with tribes... it could be great for primitives humans.
I am not sure it would be so good for orcs however.
Not used viceroy yet
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct - 12:07 (2014)    Post subject: Tribes and Viceroys Reply with quote

I see what you mean Moridin. You are right about Sauron's direct vassals, they should be feudal. I'm still not sure about viceroys, will have to see how it works in-mod

Primitive humans definitely.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 31 Oct - 14:10 (2014)    Post subject: Tribes and Viceroys Reply with quote

Okay, so after implementing tribal holdings we have the problem where all buildings are already constructed, what is the fix for this?

Also, so far I have made Haldadians and Drughu tribal, I am also planning on Dunland, Saralainn and the Hillsmen.

We can talk more about specific Orcs/Trolls etc later
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 31 Oct - 18:33 (2014)    Post subject: Tribes and Viceroys Reply with quote

Redit wrote:
Okay, so after implementing tribal holdings we have the problem where all buildings are already constructed, what is the fix for this?

Just a line to add to the tribal buildings, I'll try to look into it soon

By the way, it seems that viceroyalties are bugged so far (after a rather short play time, viceroyalties are no longer available, but I also had hte possibility to give one while I did not met the requirements... Saw posts speaking about it beeing bugged)
So as long as it is not sure, let's not include it ?
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Thu 6 Nov - 18:26 (2014)    Post subject: Tribes and Viceroys Reply with quote

Redit wrote:

Also, so far I have made Haldadians and Drughu tribal, I am also planning on Dunland, Saralainn and the Hillsmen.

We can talk more about specific Orcs/Trolls etc later

So where is your work so I can try to change the tribal buildings ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 6 Nov - 19:42 (2014)    Post subject: Tribes and Viceroys Reply with quote

I haven't changed the tribal holdings at all, I have just made certain provinces have tribal holdings in my own build (Old Pukel Land, Dunland)

I'll upload these province files to a new patch folder, as the old one is a mess
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:09 (2017)    Post subject: Tribes and Viceroys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange