The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Trolls - the unnoticed race of Middle-Earth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 6 Nov - 19:38 (2014)    Post subject: Trolls - the unnoticed race of Middle-Earth Reply with quote

So, we have trolls in this mod. Of course we have trolls. Why wouldn't we?

However, do you REALLY pay attention to the Trolls while you play?

I mean, we all notice Orcs. How couldn't we? They're everywhere, they are numerous and they wanna conquer it all!!!

Trolls are there too!!! There are Troll Chiefs and some Nazgul/Orc guy can conscript them. And... that's it. They are there, they exist. The end...

So, what's the point of this thread? Very Happy

The point is that TROLLS, as creatures present on Middle-Earth (not merely as those few playable chiefs) should matter A LOT more to the game.

See Moria: when the Fellowship encountered orcs and goblins, they sort of sighed and fought on. HOWEVER, when they noticed there was a Cave Troll in the mix, they're were like GODDAMIT!!!

I think that encounters with Trolls would add a lot to the game.

* Wilderness provinces could have lone trolls in a forgotten cave. Elven Patrols could stumble upon them, for example, or Orc Scouts could find them and try to get them to join them (the troll might just attack them however, the scouts or the troll might end up dead), or the Great Orc variety could try to subdue a Troll as a feat of strength to massively increase they reputation and, if they're not Chiefs, to increase the chance of them becoming Orc Chiefs (fighting a Warg barehanded could also work here, but it would be available to ALL Orcs, not just Great Orcs...).

* Orc Chiefs could promote incursions to capture Trolls for their warband, allowing them to build Troll Pens from which they would get Troll levies.

* A Lone Troll could travel to place himself at the service of a espectacularly prestigious Orc Chieftain (like Azog or Bolg) or a Nazgul like the Witch-King.

* ETC...

Of course, I'm aware there are much bigger priorities xD
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 6 Nov - 19:38 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Fri 7 Nov - 11:32 (2014)    Post subject: Trolls - the unnoticed race of Middle-Earth Reply with quote

Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 7 Nov - 15:51 (2014)    Post subject: Trolls - the unnoticed race of Middle-Earth Reply with quote

Nice ideas, we just have to script them. Wink
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 7 Nov - 16:16 (2014)    Post subject: Trolls - the unnoticed race of Middle-Earth Reply with quote

I like the ideas and I can see a mechanic similar to BirthRight's adventuring system, but for now we have to focus on getting the mod working again before we add new features.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Fri 7 Nov - 16:22 (2014)    Post subject: Trolls - the unnoticed race of Middle-Earth Reply with quote

Sure, getting the mod to work is much more important. Still, I thought it would be good to throw this idea into the open Smile
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 21:11 (2017)    Post subject: Trolls - the unnoticed race of Middle-Earth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange