The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Arnor / Gondor events, as Anarion and/or Isildur heir traits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Sat 8 Nov - 05:34 (2014)    Post subject: Arnor / Gondor events, as Anarion and/or Isildur heir traits Reply with quote

Some remarks and proposals (mostly from playing from the fall of Arnor)

At some certains point, in my previous game as king of Arthedain, I was given the title of King of Arnor as the last king of the 3 kingdoms. That was too easy and quite useless as an heir to Isildur, I had the reconquest CB.
However, now that the Kings of Cardolan and Rhudaur no longer have this trait it could be a nice reward to them should they br the last survivors

I think that any arnorian/ gondorian king would like to have both trait of heir of anarion AND heir of Isildur, but is it possible ? I mean are those traits 100% inheritedby male and female ? If not I think it would give some flavour to the player dynasty and a goal to look after (by the way, for what it is worth considering the test version, I saw some heir of isildur and heir of anarion not being blood of numenor event with both parents being heir of numenor...)

At that moment of the game, the king of Arthedain has the scepter of Annuminas and the ring of Barahir. The shards of Narsil are not in the game yet.
We could make some event for the player to claim those artifacts with some conditions :

- be heir of Isildur and king of arnor (easier to script I think)
- be heir of Anarion and King of Arnor IF there is no heir of Isildur alive (not sure about what the artifacts would become)

About the shards of Narsil, they could be given to the king of Arthedain or kept in Rivendell like in the movie (shouldn't be there before Arnor's actualy fall)

We could make events to allow it to be reforged under some conditions with achievement trait like hyarmendacil / romendacil / umbardacil :
- Angmardacil : would given to the player who defeated Angmar
- Enedwaithacil ? Not sure fighting hillmen should be a major achievement...
- ruenificattion of arnor and gondor (still waiting for the reunited kingdom, having both traits of heir of Isildur andAnarion could be a key to make it)
- conquest of the east, including mirkwood ?) I am not including Gundabad but maybe it could be done (finigthing all the orcs odf the mountains from mount gram to gundabad)

So for exemple :
- being king of arnor, heir to isildur and Angmardacil could be enough to convince the Noldor to reforge it
(I would like to find other achievement, maybe defeating the necromancer of mirkwood, but that would not be diffidult for the king of Arnor)
- being king of both gondor and arnor, and heir to isildur and anarion
- being king of both gondor and arnor and heir to anarion it there are no more living heir of isildur
- being king of both gondor and arnor and heir to isildur it there are no more living heir of anarion

I am okay to lok into this when the mod will be playable agin and when I will have checked and finished some of my work on buildings
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 8 Nov - 05:34 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Wed 12 Nov - 09:27 (2014)    Post subject: Arnor / Gondor events, as Anarion and/or Isildur heir traits Reply with quote

so I am working on a simple decision and event to claim the shards of narsil (before the time of Aragorn of course). However, I would like the success to be dependent on the good traits of the character.
Narsil would be kept by a guardian (kind of priest or Elrond) that would decide or not if the character deserves to be granted the blade (additionnaly to being king of arnor and heir of isildur)

Base chance of 50 (?), good traits increasing the chances of success, bad traits (cruel...) decreasing it. Failure means big lost of prestige and piety. Maybe only one try per lifetime.

I have never scripted something like this so I have trouble I will tell you. If you disagree with this, let me know Smile

So far I have trouble... I am not even sure of the line I should use...
I want the IA to calculate the probalities based upon the traits/modifiers so it chooses between 2 results (success and failure)...
If you guy can show me an exemple in an already existing event, it would help me greatly.

I am not sure random list can use modifiers...
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Nov - 14:23 (2014)    Post subject: Arnor / Gondor events, as Anarion and/or Isildur heir traits Reply with quote

Do you know what traits you want to affect it, or is it all 'good' christian traits?
Visit poster’s website Skype
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Wed 12 Nov - 14:34 (2014)    Post subject: Arnor / Gondor events, as Anarion and/or Isildur heir traits Reply with quote

many traits, good and bad ones, but not only the 7 sins or 7 good ones. Craven/brave or Arbitrary/Just would be more important. Kinslayer would make it almost impossible.
I do not think the trait are the problem; I really need help for the comand that will take them into acount and launch the event.
random_list = {
50 = {
modifier = {
factor = 2
FROM = { trait = genius }
}
FROM = { character_event = { id = claim_narsil.1 days = 30 } }
}
OR
ai_chance = {
factor = 50
modifier = {...

I just saw something close to what I would want to do in MEP_blue_istari event... I will try to copy and modify it.

Not helping, it seems only one event can be triggered this way
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 21:53 (2017)    Post subject: Arnor / Gondor events, as Anarion and/or Isildur heir traits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange