The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Adventuring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 16:26 (2014)    Post subject: Adventuring Reply with quote

I did some tests of the adventuring system, here's some basics.
You get random adventures while adventuring, troll lair is just one of them

Visit poster’s website Skype
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 16:26 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 16:47 (2014)    Post subject: Adventuring Reply with quote

Interesting, really!
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 18:29 (2014)    Post subject: Adventuring Reply with quote

TROLLS!!! I like it Very Happy

P.S.: Though, the trolls should be a little scarier than that. Not even Gandalf charged 3 cave trolls head-on with staff and sword... Unless Aragorn had a 50-100 scouting party with him, I don't think it should be that easy to kill half a dozen of them...
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 18:40 (2014)    Post subject: Adventuring Reply with quote

These are pretty much unchanged from BloodRoyals event for his D&D mod, so they need some Tolkienisation Smile

I think making it 1-2 trolls and a higher chance of being injured should do the trick

I figured a king has a party of guards while he is scouting his own realm, and the dunedain rangers in this case would be quite formidable
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 18:57 (2014)    Post subject: Adventuring Reply with quote

Indeed, though Tolkien trolls should have quite tough skin and muscles and be reasonably mobile, so arrows wouldn't be an instant victory...
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 19:02 (2014)    Post subject: Adventuring Reply with quote

No no, but Rangers are not only good at archery, as Aragorn shows. A skilled and reasonably sized party surrounding 1 or 2 trolls would suffice

I didn't take a picture, but the success in this event is dependent mainly on soldier trait, and as Aragorn is a Grey Company member he has a high chance of success, the only danger being the chance of a wound.

A scout or ranger trait means a much higher chance of failure, but on success can grant (25% chance) the next tier of trait (scout > ranger, ranger > captain) so you can improve through adventuring
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 19:09 (2014)    Post subject: Adventuring Reply with quote

I concur. That means that parties led by Elrond will roflstomp Troll Lairs Razz
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 19:12 (2014)    Post subject: Adventuring Reply with quote

In the current system, yes Smile

I think it can be made a little more in depth, so that even great characters can't farm adventures they have no risk from for gold and prestige, although this can be modified by reducing rewards or frequency of events. After all, how often does one clear out a troll lair for instance?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 19:16 (2014)    Post subject: Adventuring Reply with quote

Yes, it should be rare. Once every 100 years or so. For balance, we could have Orc and Warg lairs with higher frequencies...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 19:17 (2014)    Post subject: Adventuring Reply with quote

Yeah, we can improve this by more possibilities (orcs/wargs/southrons/...)
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 19:18 (2014)    Post subject: Adventuring Reply with quote

Also, some events of Troll that weren't detected rampaging the countryside, giving an incentive for players to suck up the trait penalties during adventures.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 19:32 (2014)    Post subject: Adventuring Reply with quote

There are many other events, including harmless ones, this is just the first one I reworked.

I like idea of Orcs, Wargs, Southrons etc. I was thinking of adding ones that depend on your area, e.g. Spider events in Mirkwood, Easterlings in Dale, etc

Have any ideas for other troll events Moridin?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 19:33 (2014)    Post subject: Adventuring Reply with quote

sounds good to me!
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 19:53 (2014)    Post subject: Adventuring Reply with quote

Basically, the ideas in this thread: http://middleearthproject.clicforum.com/t348-Trolls-the-unnoticed-race-of-M…

Once those are more or less implemented, we can find interesting variations for them... Distinguishing the troll attacks from some road attacks to destroying small villages, etc.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:31 (2017)    Post subject: Adventuring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange