The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Way too many prestige flying around from titles
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 20:13 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

I suggest the following changes in the DEFINES:

-- Monthly prestige from vassals
    BARON_AS_VASSAL_PRESTIGE = 0.01, -- previously 0.025
    COUNT_AS_VASSAL_PRESTIGE = 0.025, -- previously 0.1
    DUKE_AS_VASSAL_PRESTIGE = 0.1, -- previously 0.4
    KING_AS_VASSAL_PRESTIGE = 0.4, -- previously 1.6
    EMPEROR_AS_VASSAL_PRESTIGE = 3.2,     -- Impossible, but needs to be here

-- Monthly prestige from held titles
    BARON_TITLE_PRESTIGE = 0.001,  -- previously 0.025
    COUNT_TITLE_PRESTIGE = 0.025, -- previously 0.1
    DUKE_TITLE_PRESTIGE = 0.05, -- previously 0.2
    KING_TITLE_PRESTIGE = 0.2, -- previously 0.8
    EMPEROR_TITLE_PRESTIGE = 0.4, -- previously 1.6

-- Monthly prestige LOSS from each unlanded adult son
    BARON_LANDLESS_SON_PRESTIGE = 0.01, -- previously 0.025
    COUNT_LANDLESS_SON_PRESTIGE = 0.05, -- previously 0.1
    DUKE_LANDLESS_SON_PRESTIGE = 0.2, -- previously 0.4
    KING_LANDLESS_SON_PRESTIGE = 0.4, -- previously 0.8
    EMPEROR_LANDLESS_SON_PRESTIGE = 0.5, -- previously 1.0

-- Dynasty Prestige is the sum of current and previous holdings of all living and dead members of a dynasty
    BARON_TITLE_DYNASTY_PRESTIGE = 1, -- previously 1
    COUNT_TITLE_DYNASTY_PRESTIGE = 3, -- previously 5
    DUKE_TITLE_DYNASTY_PRESTIGE = 6, -- previously 10
    KING_TITLE_DYNASTY_PRESTIGE = 10, -- previously 20
    EMPEROR_TITLE_DYNASTY_PRESTIGE = 15, -- previously 40

What do you think? This is only prestige from titles. A conqueror king will still swim in prestige, and players are usually compulsive conquerors Very Happy

Last edited by Moridin997 on Thu 13 Nov - 20:56 (2014); edited 2 times in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 20:13 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 20:18 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

A lot of events are triggered by prestige and will burn some points, if we lower too much these values, it'll broke a lot of events i think, no?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 20:19 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

What events do you have in mind?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 20:20 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

colonisation ones for exemple
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 20:40 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

Doing some rough math, 1 king with 1 duchy and 1 county would take around 60 years colonizing provinces if relying on title prestige alone. Add in prestige from won wars, victorious battles and several events and I think you would get a reasonable time between each colonized province...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 20:42 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

Yeah, but there's not only these events, most of our events are triggered with prestige, if i'm right.
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 20:47 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

I simply think that players look at their prestige and, comparing to vannila, feel that they already get more than enough prestige to bother fighting for more. From there, it's just a couple steps to feeling that the game isn't challenging enough...

Would it be too much work to lower the prestige requirements of some events to match these lower values...?

P.S.: Again, don't forget that prestige from other sources remain unchanged, and those sources can yield some rather big amounts of prestige...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 20:52 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

Well, i can't see the interest to loer these values, but i'll give to redit the last word. I believe that there's plenty of things that we needs to focus on, and that's not at top, imho!
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 20:53 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

It's not high priority for sure.

I'm all for looking at balancing things like prestige at some point though
Visit poster’s website Skype
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 13 Nov - 21:01 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

Ok, I agree that now is probably not the time.

However, I stand by my opinion that it's more important to look at than you seem to think.

The perception of challenge (or lack thereof) is vital to keep players interested... In this case, the perception of challenge in comparison to vanilla.
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 14 Nov - 02:57 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

I think at start, prestige is garder to get than in vanilla, as some basic action require some prestige (settle in wilderness takes a lot !, colonisation...)
But after a while, it is much easier thant in vanilla.
The consequence is that it makes it VERY (too much ?) slow for starting with characters like Elrond who have little prestige income.
Might be better to rebalance this, but not an urgent issue.
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Sat 15 Nov - 14:11 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

This was posted in the forums:

http://i.imgur.com/ElLEudy.png

26.7K Prestige...
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 5 Dec - 04:31 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

Some buildings also give prestige (roads and special road). We could reduce or negate this.
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Fri 5 Dec - 12:22 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

I agree. In Middle-Earth, prestige didn't come from who you were, but from what you did. A king who bravely fought against orcs and evil men, expanded his realm or built infrastructures for his people would be immensely respected, while a gluttonous layabout would be nothing more than a footnote, even if he happened to be the King of Gondor...
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 5 Dec - 14:48 (2014)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles Reply with quote

26.7k seems okay for someone who rebuilt Arnor ad defeated Angmar, but obviously prestige needs to be toned down.

I understand you are busy with university, but so am I, and everyone else has lives too Smile 

If you have time to make changes and show your findings it would be a great help
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:37 (2017)    Post subject: Way too many prestige flying around from titles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange