The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

more ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Wed 26 Nov - 12:17 (2014)    Post subject: more ideas Reply with quote

What about :
- a special fortress for the Orcs in Gundabad ? "Orc Stronghold"
- and one for the witch king in Carn Dum ?

New buildings for dwarves (they have less buildings than gondor/arnor men) but not adding troops untill balancing has been checked (from what I saw, Angmar and Gundabad are weakened from my work on buildings at start, but not dwarves)
- statues of previous Kings / ancestors : bonus in prestige/piety
- acqueduc, air vent, well of light, sewer system : not having built them would give a malus (anything related to disease or growth like land morale, land organisation, levy reinforce rate) Building them would negates the malus, upgrading them would give a moderate bonus.
Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 26 Nov - 12:17 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 26 Nov - 14:03 (2014)    Post subject: more ideas Reply with quote

I like both ideas!
Visit poster’s website Skype
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Thu 27 Nov - 02:44 (2014)    Post subject: more ideas Reply with quote

About Annuminas : the halls of Kings can be built in the whole province. I think it should be built only in the capital barony.
However, as this city was built by numenoreans (Elendil), why not give it numenorean walls ?

So I think some buildings should be set as local buildinds when best simulated by presence in one barony. Other buildings simulating a global effect should be set to the whole province (great foretesses mainly) and given to cities too (obvious for dwarven fortress and Minas Tirith where everything is within them, not as obvious for other cases).

Annuminas Hall of Kings -> Barony
Annuminas walls -> Province -> province (+ cities)
Tharbad bridge -> barony
Amon Sul : unique tower -> Barony
Fornost Erain : huge fortress englobing the baronies -> province (+ cities)
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 5 Dec - 04:40 (2014)    Post subject: more ideas Reply with quote

More ideas (for later) :

Balancing
- rework the prestige bonus from roads DONE (no more prestige)
- lessen the tax income from human special buildings (they can become richer than dwarves too easily it seems but, IMO, this is mostly caused by the huge desmene size some human Kings can have)

Angmar : Set carn dum to lvl 3 buildings so an orc lord coming later than the witch king does not have this level of building already built
The witch king would have some special buildings (nazgul trait dependant) available in carn dum and in minas morgul
Sauron would have some stronger version for Dol Guldur and Barad Dur. They would be deleted/destroyed as soon as he loses the province.

Amon lanc should be avalable to cities DONE
EDIT : The Great Port of Pelargir should be available to cities also DONE

Last edited by Athoen on Sat 6 Dec - 06:06 (2014); edited 2 times in total
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Fri 5 Dec - 12:38 (2014)    Post subject: more ideas Reply with quote

I agree with everything. I only want to add that Dol Goldur shouldn't already be filled with Orcs at the Fall of Arnor scenario. It took centuries for Sauron to spread the corruption of Mirkwood, plus he wanted to keep a low profile so as not to gather notice from the White Council...
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Sat 6 Dec - 06:11 (2014)    Post subject: more ideas Reply with quote

Eleven fortresses extended to cities
- Rivendell
- Caras-Galadhon *
- Amon Lanc
- Thranduil's Halls

COSTS should be checked as those buildings can be built in a new holding.
* Huge troop bonus by the way but already the case for Thranduil's Halls. However, there is nothing similar in number for Rivendell. Maybe to big difference to be logical ?

Should the same be done for the Grey Havens ?
And with Umbar ?
(province buildings available to castles only for now)
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sat 6 Dec - 13:39 (2014)    Post subject: more ideas Reply with quote

I say yes for Havens and Umbar
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:31 (2017)    Post subject: more ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange