The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Kingdoms Flags
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar - 21:01 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

Here's a list of Kingdoms flags. We can debate on them, and make changes if it needs.

Gondor (empire) 

Arnor (empire) 

Miscellaneous good factions 

Evil Factions 

Last edited by Lonhaldar on Thu 4 Apr - 15:33 (2013); edited 2 times in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar - 21:01 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar - 21:08 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

Looks good. I would suggest not using a tree for Arnor, however, since it is too close to Gondor's. I'd suggest something using the scepter of Annuminas.

For Cardolan, the ram's head seems to contrast Rudhaur flag best. I would go with that one.
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar - 22:17 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

Will you also be making auto-generated flag components for baronies and lower dynasties?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar - 23:04 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

Nukumnehtar wrote:
Looks good. I would suggest not using a tree for Arnor, however, since it is too close to Gondor's. I'd suggest something using the scepter of Annuminas.
For Cardolan, the ram's head seems to contrast Rudhaur flag best. I would go with that one.

For Arnor, i really don't know how the scepter of Annunimas should be. But i'll think about it and i'll propose something Wink
For Cardolan, the eagle could be make more contrasting too. I really don't know which one could represent this kingdom Very Happy

Nukumnehtar wrote:
Will you also be making auto-generated flag components for baronies and lower dynasties?

Yep, i'm thinking about it. Which components could i add? Obviously some stars, trees, towers and horses. Maybe a swan and a boat too. I'll propose something to your judgement Wink
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar - 23:23 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

I think a more stylised bull would fit better than the one from lindefirion, something like your Rohan one, same with Rhudaur, perhaps just a silhouette, without lines.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar - 23:32 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

Yep, i could work on it. For the Rudhaur, i think that the stag is already stylised, i think that something more stylised will be too much. (and i love the circle with the stars :p)
I think i'll rework on some gondorian flags too, like Lamedon.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar - 23:49 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

I just mean something like this
, simple is sometimes better, but I'm not sure. Just looks a little strange for heraldry being so intricate.
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Wed 20 Mar - 03:49 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

Mirkwood, and some others do have a banner design of its own floating around somewhere I think. Try Gooling Mirkwood or Elven heraldry.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 20 Mar - 10:00 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

In fact the ram (and not the bull), and the deer are classic heraldic composants... So... they're not really strange for heraldy Wink  
In a more stylised way, we can have that, but i prefer the others:

For Arnor : 

For Elvishs ones, i can propose you this ones:   Lorien

Mirkwood 

Forlindon 

Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 20 Mar - 14:34 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

For the dwarves of Ered Luin, maybe something like this :

The runes said "Gabilgathol", the dwarvish name of Belegost
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 20 Mar - 14:37 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

That's amazing.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 4 Apr - 15:26 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

Added Anfalas-Pinnath Gelin-Mornan-Druwaith Iaur for Gondor Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 13 Apr - 17:07 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

May I suggest a different flag for Isengard? A "more Uruk style" one.  Okay

Very Happy
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sat 13 Apr - 23:05 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

Okay
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sun 14 Apr - 04:16 (2013)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags Reply with quote

Bear in mind flags can't change regardless of holder (besides religious but that doesnt change the real flag), so Isengard cant have a different flag before and after Sarumans turn unless there are is a de jure and a titular Isengard with different flags or Isengard changes religion in which case it would be impossible to make sure they have a White Hand as their flag
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:38 (2017)    Post subject: Kingdoms Flags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange