The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

6NGBs Introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
6NGB
Team

PostPosted: Tue 30 Dec - 22:54 (2014)    Post subject: 6NGBs Introduction Reply with quote

Hello everybody!

I'm happy to be added as a member to the team. I'm an old guy (36) from Bulgaria (de jure ERE, orthodox, south-slav). That's why I'd ask you in advance to forgive my English. I have no real experience modding PDox games, yet I'm a software developer so I think I won't need much time to get used to it. From what I've seen it's a rather human-readable language, yet there are lots of cross-file references and some black magic with the scope which make it somewhat not very human-writable.
Redit was so kind to give me access to the Git repo and to tell me "Feel free to pull, alter, validate, commit and branch." I.e.: do your worst! This is something I cannot afford to do. That's why I'd be happy if you are to show me where I can start and try to be useful. The forum is enormous and I'd need weeks just to browse it. And at the end I would get some distorted picture where the important things are unnoticed but replaced by the irrelevant or outdated ones.

That's pretty much everything I can write now. I love the mod, the feeling it creates. I'm glad and proud to be accepted on board.

Thanks for reading and have a very happy New Year!
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 30 Dec - 22:54 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 31 Dec - 01:48 (2014)    Post subject: 6NGBs Introduction Reply with quote

Add me on Steam or Skype and I'll walk you through setting up GitHub Smile

Once you have the build and the validator it should be a simple matter of bug squashing, leave events alone for now, they trouble me too Wink
Visit poster’s website Skype
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Wed 31 Dec - 04:46 (2014)    Post subject: 6NGBs Introduction Reply with quote

Welcome in the team Smile
6NGB
Team

PostPosted: Wed 31 Dec - 11:38 (2014)    Post subject: 6NGBs Introduction Reply with quote

Redit wrote:
Add me on Steam or Skype and I'll walk you through setting up GitHub Smile

Once you have the build and the validator it should be a simple matter of bug squashing, leave events alone for now, they trouble me too Wink

No worries. I've set the environment and played a bit with the code. However the portraits and the startup screen failed back to vanilla. Now Elrond looks like my uncle from the countryside.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 31 Dec - 16:43 (2014)    Post subject: 6NGBs Introduction Reply with quote

I have removed portraits from the current build along with other graphics files, most events and decisions

Part of the Revamping, not a bug   Wink
Visit poster’s website Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 13:45 (2017)    Post subject: 6NGBs Introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange