The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Vanilla Traits to be Removed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
6NGB
Team

PostPosted: Tue 13 Jan - 09:54 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

If this has been discussed before, I hereby apologize. I need some clarification on which vanilla traits are to be removed.

1. Religious traits (excommunicated, decadent and so on). Religious-related opinion modifiers like pope_vs_antipope, crusader, pilgrim, muslim_half_brother ...

Most of the religious traits have been removed. Yet there are two pilgrimage traits left:

in 01_traits.txt:

Code:

# Christian who has completed a Pilgrimage
pilgrim = {...}

and in 02_traits.txt:
Code:

# Christian pilgrim while doing pilgrimage
on_pilgrimage = {...}

Do we need them?

2. Sexual/seduction: I think we agree on the removal of the seduction focus and related seduction traits. If seducer is to be removed, should celibate be removed too? What are we doing with same sex traits?

3. Some illnesses. We don't need syphilitic, has_aztec_disease, has_bubonic_plague and leper IMHO. They are either sex-related, or irrelevant, or very very ugly and unpleasant. While some sort of mysterious disease might be needed, let it not be bubonic plague or leprosy. Any thoughts?

4. Culturally linked vanilla traits like blinded, eunuch, born_in_purple.
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 13 Jan - 09:54 (2015)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan - 20:57 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

I'd leave the blinded and eunuch ones. They sort of fit the more ruthless societies of Middle-Earth...
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan - 21:09 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

plague can be relocalised for Fall of Gondor?
Visit poster’s website Skype
6NGB
Team

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 09:16 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

So the ones above are discarded.
However blinded & eunuch remain (disconnected from byzantine culture of course).
bubonic_plague gets localized as "The Great Plague". I did not know it (or have paid attention to it). Is it this: http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Plague ?

Agreed?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 09:55 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

Yeah, i worked a little on this some times ago, but without a great result.

Working on these traits, can you have a look on the incapable one, and try to limit it so immortal characters won't have it?
6NGB
Team

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 10:07 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

Okay
6NGB
Team

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 16:56 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

In the 0.4.1 there are some events leading to incapability. I haven't found any in the current version in development. Does it still appear?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 16:57 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

What were these files? As far as i know, onnly health events were concerned, but i certainly forgot some, no?
6NGB
Team

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 17:11 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

The following:
  events\battle_events.txt, evt id = 245, called from on_combat_pulse;
  events\health_events.txt, evt id = 6110; incapability after infirm. Should be forbidden for some immortals, though not for all;
  events\mourning_events.txt, evt id = 24501; can be given after death of a loved wife;
  events\various_traits_events.txt, evt id = 65051; drunkard becomes incapable, called from on_bi_yearly_pulse;
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 17:12 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

Ok! I didn't test it in the current version, but we should remove the incapability for immortals in all these events i think!
6NGB
Team

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 17:17 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

OK. I'll validate them and will add the immortality check.
For now, I'll remove them from the /removed folder.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 17:19 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 17:23 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

Don't remove on_pilgrimage, If I don't get wronf those have been used to represent "On a quest"
6NGB
Team

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 17:59 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

Chris93 wrote:

Don't remove on_pilgrimage, If I don't get wronf those have been used to represent "On a quest"
Too late Smile

There is a bool: pilgrimage = yes which "installs" a regent. It is what is used in the ring quest, not the on_pilgrimage trait. So we don't need the trait, imo.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 18:45 (2015)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed Reply with quote

Okay
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:31 (2017)    Post subject: Vanilla Traits to be Removed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange