The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Portraits Revamp
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan - 13:04 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

I'm starting a long and huge work on portraits:

- will lower the size of the portraits by improving them
- will add some new armors, helmets
- will add some new clothes for specific cultures (like different clothes/helmets for sindar/silvan, some differencies between some dwarvish cultures)
- will add a new beornides portraits

Basically, here's the graphicalculture i want to have at end :

CURRENT PROGRESS : 65% Done

HUMANS :
- Numenoreans (including Arnorians-Gondorians-Dunedain-Numenoreans)
- Northmen (including men of Rhovanion-Dale-Bree)
- Haradrim
- Easterlings (all the tribes of East : Rhun, Nurn, Khand, ...)
- Rohirrim (including Eothed-Rohirrims)
- Hillmen (including Dunlendings, Hillmen of Angmar)
- Druedains
- Beornides

HOBBITS :
- Hobbits of the Shire
- Hobbits of the Gladden Fields (later, maybe)

ELVES :
- Noldor
- Sindar
- Silvan (including Avari)

Dwarves :
- Longbeards
- Other Tribes

MELKOR :
- Orcs
- Goblins
- Uruk-Hai
- Trolls
- Balrogs
- Dragons
- Spiders

- Wargs

AINUR :
- Valar
- Maiar
- Eagles
- Ents
- Istari

OTHERS :
- Specific ones for Nazguls
- Deads
- Wilderness
- Mountains

So, basically, 30 different portraits, some with the same base (elves will all have the same base, but different clothes, same for dwarves and some humans cultures).

Don't hesitate to post some suggestions on our side, i'll post my changes here Smile

Last edited by Lonhaldar on Fri 23 Jan - 17:11 (2015); edited 4 times in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan - 13:04 (2015)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan - 13:46 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

Jon Styrker and otheres mentioned bug with portraits for some races in republics, this is a good chance to fix this also
Visit poster’s website Skype
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan - 13:47 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

Yeah, will try to fix all the bugs with them at the same time Smile
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan - 14:18 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

I meant to move the Nurniag culture to Southron group (So they should have the same gfx) The Shadow of Mordor videogame reports that Nurnians are descendeats of Umbarim pirates who had bases on Nurnen shores. What do you think? I know it's not a canon source, but it's official at least.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan - 14:25 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

As far as i remember (i need to find the lines), nurniags are more like northmen at beginning, they were mostly descendant of prisoners of wars of Sauron, so certainly more northmen/middlemen than umbareans i think! After some centuries and more trade with easterlings, they should look more like the men of Rhun than the men of Harad/Umbar. But well, i can be wrong too ^^

I don't want to take Shadow of Mordor as a source, because even if it's "official", it's only official from Warner Bros., not from the texts, and not from Tolkien himself Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan - 14:29 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

Actually, as far as i recall, Tolkien never spent a word about the inhabitants of Nurn and their origins. The only infos we have are "The people who inhabited Nurn were Men and there may have been prisoners of war there as well. These people were enslaved by Sauron, working the soil around the sea of Nurn to feed Sauron's armies. After the War of the Ring, KingElessar liberated the peoples of Nurn and gave them the land as their own" 

From Tolkiengateway and lotr wiki
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan - 14:32 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

Hmmmm, that's probably what i remembered ^^

By the way, i don't think that inhabitants of Nurn should be from Southron culture, they don't have any direct access to the south, and should have more influence from easterlings. But that's not a big issue by the way!
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan - 15:23 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

Nuku used Slavic names for them, so I think Easterling/Northmen makes much more sense
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan - 20:54 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

I'd say the Nurniags are more like the Easterlings, mainly due to their geographic location.

Also, are you going to make a racial distinction between Orcs and Goblins, Lonhaldar?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan - 21:10 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

There is already a cultural distinction, but in the books they are really the same thing, so I don't think race needs to come into it, we can just say Goblins are the mountain dwelling kind of Orcs
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jan - 23:24 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

Lonhaldar, I would send JonStryker a PM on the portrait fixes - it was just a couple of lines that needed adding to the hobbit and dwarf portrait files in /interface, and then they work fine with patrician hats/clothes Smile
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 09:49 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

Yeah, i sent him a PM some days ago too, and he just answered me Smile
So, working on them currently. Adding new helmets for longbeards and sindar elves currently.

For orcs, we'll have three levels of portraits at end :
- "Goblins" and as Redit says, are mostly orcs. I imagine them as Snaga (slaves), so lesser orcs.
- "Orcs" will be the great orcs of Gundabad and Mordor mostly
- "Uruk-hai' will be the Uruk-Hai, so basically the sale portraits than orcs, with darker skin and better armors.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan - 13:34 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

The first portraits are committed : Rhovanion, Dunedains, Gondorians, Dwarves, Hobbits and Wilderness.

New portraits for wilderness, with several frames instead of one, for more flavour :

Same for Mountains:
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan - 13:52 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

Wonderful
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan - 14:11 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

- AddedBack Wraiths
- Witch-King and Khamul unique portraits :

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:09 (2017)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange