The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Portraits Revamp
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan - 19:52 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

Yeah, or a blue greyish for Gandalf (just recolour the current Gandalf's hat) and a blue one for Blue Istari.
Btw, it's not urgent  Okay
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan - 19:52 (2015)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan - 19:55 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

Yes, something like that indeed xD

I still stand by my comments on making the top part of the face-plates (the one that makes the connections with the inscription band of the crown) more prominent while retaining the overall shape (the one you achieved in this latest portrait) of the face-plates as whole, but it might be to much trouble to do, so it's really up to you Mr. Green

Also, the Witch-King could use hints of the dark cloak, so as not to have all just armor. Perhaps make it look like the armor is overlapping the cloak, with the cloak sticking out abit between the different armor components (the junctures between shoulder-armor and crown, shoulder-armor and breastplate...) and falling down to the ground...?

For Khamul, maybe a hint of bronze in the armor and helmet, like the movie Easterlings? With some (just some, not full-blown Peter Jackson Smile ...) "bronze-ish" scale armor...?

Akhorahil is from Akhor, right? Where as Adunaphazor and Dwar from? I can't remember right now...

Their helmet's style really rock, though xD  Even if their shadings are changed, their format is just spot on (Dwar's might give me nightmares...) Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan - 20:29 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

Well, We made the Nazgul ike this :
Withc-King was Black Numenorean
Khamul came from East
Akhorahil ans Adunaphazor were Black Numenorean, from the kingdoms of South (Bellakar/Akhor)
Dwar was an haradrim
Ji-Undur was a far-Haradrim
Ren was an Hillman (from Rudhaur or Angmar)
Uvatha was a Northman (from North of Rhovanion maybe)
Abrazîr was a Black Numenorean, from an unknown kingdom

Here's some changes, i added a crown to Khamul (a small one) to show that he's the second-in-command of the nine. I changed the plate for WK and Khamul too.

Before :

After :

Withc King / Khamul / Akhorahil / Adunaphazor / Dwar
Uvatha / Ren / Abrazir / Ji-Undur
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan - 20:54 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

They look perfect to me. 
Since you're working on Wights, maybe something like this could be added as unique portrait for the other wights (Barrow-wights)

Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan - 21:06 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

First, the cloaks could be "blacker", so as to make a clearer contrast with the helmets and armors...

Khamul's crown could be a simple (but wider) bronze circle, no? Also, it should be on top of the cloak, not entering it... And some Easterling bronze scale armor?

Akhorahil's, Adunaphazor's and Abrazir's breastplate could be a simple single piece cuirass. Maybe with some sword markings, has if already tested of the battlefield, different from each other?

Uvatha could use rusty chainmail.

Ren could use rustier and shabbier chainmail than Uvatha...?

Dwar and Ji-Indur could have cloaks all the way down, leaving their armor (or lack thereof) to the imagination...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jan - 11:12 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

For the cloaks, i can't make them darker, because ingame, you won't see any details if it's too much black. The goal with helmets/armors is to suggest them, not to have them more important than the cloak. It'll make the nazguls differents from each other, but, they'll have the same base : dark armors/helmets under/on dark cloaks, i think they'll be more creepy like this.

The crown with gems for Khamul fits better for an Easterling i think, and if you look a little better, you'll see that the crown is on top of the cloak, and not entering it at all, just a shadow effect. Wink

Btw! Here's the latest work on them, after your suggestion Smile :
Before :

After :

WK / Khamul / Akhorahil / Adunaphazor / Dwar
Uvatha / Ren / Abrazir / Ji-Undur

I think we're good, what about you?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jan - 11:22 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

They're pretty good xD

Just some final suggestions (can't make you spend all your time solely on the Nazgul, afterall...):

- If you want Khamul's crown with gems, give them another color, less brighter. Maybe orange, or a dark yellow...
- Make the chainmail rings a bit larger and more noticeable... As it is, they might be mistaken for a gray cloak in Uvatha and in Ren it looks like a rusty coat of plates (which doesn't look that bad, but it doesn't really fit with a Hillman...)

Last (but not least), really good job Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jan - 11:47 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

- The Gems in Khamul's crowns are black, the crown is brighter. Will be hard to change that i think, or the crown won't really appears
- I used a sort of rusty leather armor for Ren, sounds better for an Hillman maybe, no?

For the chainmail, don't know. If i make the rings larger, it looks weird, a little disproportionate, imho!
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jan - 11:56 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

I see what you mean, but what it looks like is that the crown is of a dark metal with big sparkling diamonds...

The leather armor doesn't look like leather... Maybe if you removed the glow a bit and made the leather a dark brown, though not so dark as to mistake with the cloak...?

The chainmail rings are tough, I agree. However, a little disproportionate might still be better than unnoticeable...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jan - 12:47 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

For now i'll let them like this, i'll rework them maybe later. I need to focus on the last portraits, and i want to have an hobbit dynasty in Bree (Staddle barony)!
6NGB
Team

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jan - 16:32 (2015)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp Reply with quote

Lonhaldar wrote:

For now i'll let them like this, i'll rework them maybe later. I need to focus on the last portraits, and i want to have an hobbit dynasty in Bree (Staddle barony)!

Okay
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:25 (2017)    Post subject: Portraits Revamp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange