The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Fëa levels for elves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 14:10 (2015)    Post subject: Fëa levels for elves Reply with quote

I already added a while ago some traits about levelling the fëa of the elves, and here's my idea:

Adding three levels of Fëa, who'll give some bonuses/maluses to the characters, and add more depths to the immortals characters.

With a Strong Fëa, the character will be as the greatest elves of the history of Middle-Earth, he'll be able to craft some wonderful things, and will be a powerful warrior, able to fight against the nazguls or the balrogs, like Glorfindel did. They should be a little number to have it (at beginning, only some characters like Glorfindel, Elrond, Cirdan, Galadriel, Elladan and Elrohir too maybe).

With a Normal Fëa, the character will have only the common bonuses of elves. Nothing more, nothing less. It's an elf.

With a weak Fëa, the character should be more easily depressed, and won't be able to raise the highest levels of the careers traits (warriors, healers, craftmen, ...). He can be more easily killed in battle too.

Why i want to add this? To add more depth and show the difference between the elves. You'll have to choose carefully your wives, as the traits will have an hereditary chance (as the Numenoreans ones), so you'll have sometimes to wait longer to spouse your children.
The Strongest one will give too some interesting bonuses : some skills maybe, but also the ability to give some magical powers to artefacts (look at this thread), and the ability to hold a ring of power without being mad (thing i want to add too).

And why not, allow the possiility to return from the halls of Mandos?

What do you think?
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 14:10 (2015)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan - 19:24 (2015)    Post subject: Fëa levels for elves Reply with quote

I like the sound of this, look forward to seeing it!
Visit poster’s website Skype
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jan - 16:20 (2015)    Post subject: Fëa levels for elves Reply with quote

This will synergize with the future Might system quite nicely, I think xD

I'd suggest making it very, very rare for Moriquendi, though...
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Mon 2 Feb - 23:55 (2015)    Post subject: Fëa levels for elves Reply with quote

I've been thinking about this and... is it really necessary to have 3 traits?

Normal Fëa means exactly that, so no upsides or downsides.

Weak Fëa seems like a randomly assigned "curse" on an otherwise average character. The thing is: what lore characters could we base it around? Also, if an Elf has a Weak 'Spirit/Destiny', than he'll pretty much be unimportant, by definition. So why bother...?

In my opinion, we should just focus on the Strong Fëa. This will reduce the time necessary to code this as a feature, diminish the amount of bugs and possible conflicts and it won't cause too much trait cluttering in the character UIs.

What do you think?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 3 Feb - 01:39 (2015)    Post subject: Fëa levels for elves Reply with quote

Okay  I agree Moridin, only 1 trait is needed
Visit poster’s website Skype
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 5 Feb - 12:27 (2015)    Post subject: Fëa levels for elves Reply with quote

Sounds good. Will look at this Smile
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:40 (2017)    Post subject: Fëa levels for elves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange