The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Map Progress
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 28 May - 12:56 (2013)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

Thanks, quite useful for terrain view, was going my guessing mostly. Do you think Ithilien should be forested?
Visit poster’s website Skype
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 28 May - 12:56 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 28 May - 14:19 (2013)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

Sure, it should be forested, but not  as dense as Mirkwood   Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 29 May - 08:34 (2013)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

Another suggestipn about Nurn,its culture and population. It should be populated by men (slaves of mordor). Do you think to create a culture apart for them?
Elfman200

PostPosted: Wed 29 May - 08:40 (2013)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

Speaking of populations how are we going to model it ingame as it had a massive effect on the army sizes etc I've been thinking something along the lines of a province modifier anyone got any ideas we could just leave it out
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 29 May - 11:59 (2013)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

A modifer system similiar to Lux Invicta I suppose, also dependant on culture. so eastern Gondor will have say, "High density Numenorean", with specific bonuses different from "High density Orkish"

The culture of Nurn will be Nurniag, in the same category as Variag
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Wed 29 May - 15:15 (2013)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

Redit wrote:
A modifer system similiar to Lux Invicta I suppose, also dependant on culture. so eastern Gondor will have say, "High density Numenorean", with specific bonuses different from "High density Orkish"

The culture of Nurn will be Nurniag, in the same category as Variag

My plan was to use slavic names for the men of Nurn, as the etymology of 'Slavic' appropriately fits a culture defined as slaves.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 2 Oct - 14:16 (2013)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

I tried to add sea provinces but I can't understand why my games always crash at "calculating naval ranges"... When Lon comes back I'll ask him to make them 
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sun 23 Feb - 15:12 (2014)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

New colormap, more rivers and more trees...

Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 23 Feb - 17:49 (2014)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

Good, the map looks better and better  Okay
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jun - 21:11 (2014)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

Everything converted fine for 3072x2048 except positions. Every X coordinate needs 1024 added to it (e.g. 568 > 1592) in order for the positions to be correct again but I can't find a quick way of doing this so the best way I think is to reset the positions to default again and nudge them, unless anyone knows a program/script which can add 1024 to every second number in a text file
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jun - 21:36 (2014)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

After looking into it some more, even a clean positions file puts all cities, councillors, ports etc at the very northern tip of every county, meaning every single province must be moved by hand in nudge or every X number in the old positions musthave 1024 added to it, probably manually
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun - 17:12 (2014)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

I have added Meneltarma to the map now, there are several new sea provinces also (so you can get there), the files are in my cubby, definitions and map.default are not yet done, but all graphic files should work
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun - 17:59 (2014)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

Ok, great! Do you think we can change something somewhere, so on loading screen we won't spawn in the middle of the sea, but in middle-earth?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun - 21:03 (2014)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

yep, that's in defines, startup camera, it's a little fiddly though, tried to edit it before but never was satisfied with it

Code:
CAMERA_START_X = 790.0,            -- Initial position in main menu
   CAMERA_START_Y = 150.0,            -- Y is height
   CAMERA_START_Z = 500.0,
   CAMERA_END_X = 790.0,            -- Move to position in main menu
   CAMERA_END_Y = 500.0,
   CAMERA_END_Z = 600.0,
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun - 10:19 (2014)    Post subject: Map Progress Reply with quote

OK great, will look at it.
For the positions, who'll works on it? Laughing
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:40 (2017)    Post subject: Map Progress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >
Page 9 of 10

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange