The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Legion of the Black Serpent
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 2 Apr - 19:00 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

Added the "Legion of the Black Serpent" Mercenary Unit, will be only available for the High King of Harad, and will give a powerful strength of heavy cavalry and Mumakils. Will allow players to simulate the Black Serpent in the battle of Pelennor Fields, for exemple.
The commandant of this legion will gain automatically the nickname : "the Black Serpent".

Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 2 Apr - 19:00 (2015)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 2 Apr - 22:29 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

A look to a new feature :
An order (Mercenary company) that you can form as the Emperor of Harad : the Legion of the Black Serpent. Will give you access to a powerful mercenary company, and will give you the ability to nominate some of your children in it. Here's a look at the creation events :

Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 7 Apr - 12:28 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

- Now, the Legion will be always in open elective succession
- After the creation, the Black Serpent will ask the older of Dunamrun to settle in this county, and will create the "Fortress of Kadar Sulâdan":

Any suggestions on flavour events are welcome! Okay
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Tue 7 Apr - 14:12 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

I like it. I just recommend switching the piety bonus to prestige, taking into account the intended overhaul of piety.

Really classy. Harad will get far more popular xD
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 7 Apr - 14:33 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the goal Smile
I want to expand this mechanic for some other great "military orders" of Middle-Earth, like for exemple the Swan Knights of Dol Amroth, the Rangers of Ithilien, maybe a "Iron Guard" for Dwarves. I hesitate for some of them, i believe that the rangers of Ithilien could be interesting at least.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 7 Apr - 17:14 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

Would look great with some more Harad focused event pics, like these maybe?
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/111/a/0/palace_of_the_corsairs__harad_by_direimpulse-d7ahq9v.jpg
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/148/a/2/the_umbar_market__harad_by_direimpulse-d7k2pnp.jpg
Visit poster’s website Skype
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Tue 7 Apr - 17:17 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

Also, what about the Lokê ("Dragon") troops of Rhûn? They would be badass...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 7 Apr - 17:26 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

Oh yeah, event pictures are WIP. I'm searching some military ones too Smile

Didn't heard before about any Lokê units in Harad? Where did you find this?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Tue 7 Apr - 17:27 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

Not Harad, it's in Rhûn and further East Smile
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 7 Apr - 17:28 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

Oh, i read too quickly ^^
So, same question with Rhun, never heard about this, what's the source?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Tue 7 Apr - 17:52 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

Book-wise, none. It's fan-fic mostly based on the looks of the Easterlings in the LotR movies.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?613527-Faction-Preview-The-Ea…

We don't have to buy their lore explanation, but it's not at all implausible that the Easterlings have elite troops to match those of Harad and Gondor.

The "Dragon" designation could be simply derived from the looks of their shiny scale armor...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 7 Apr - 17:54 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

Well, for now i'll focus on "lore" elite troops, and i'll think about this after that Wink
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 7 Apr - 20:26 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

Some problems I noticed
-Duplicated send son decision (send_son_decisions + black_serpent_decisions)
-Black Serpent form decision is still there after forming it
-Problem with tooltip for event options
Visit poster’s website Skype
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 7 Apr - 21:11 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

Yeah noticed them too ! I'll fix that tomorrow Smile
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 12 Apr - 14:14 (2015)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent Reply with quote

I just fixed the trait issue. Was caused by a wrong code in the interface file : "GFX_black_serpent" instead of the good version "GFX_trait_black_serpent".
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:31 (2017)    Post subject: Legion of the Black Serpent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange