The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Orc armies
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Mog'Dug

PostPosted: Thu 28 Mar - 01:11 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

They are in my cubby on dropbox, under "Derrick"

I'm working on them, unfortunatly I can't really test all of them yet, as the troops are kinda hard to find in game for me.

What I would like is a list of what kind of orc troops are needed, such as Light and heavy infantry and archers. I'm unsure of the cavalry troops. But I hadn't dont anything in the last few days, and wanted to touch base with everyone and get that list and some opinions.
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 28 Mar - 01:11 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 28 Mar - 01:33 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

I suppose replacements for all will be needed just in case, but you could in the mean time work on Rohan troop skins, a reskin of anglosaxon/viking troops perhaps
Visit poster’s website Skype
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Thu 28 Mar - 22:11 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

For cavalry, perhaps warg riders? And maybe something like Black Numenorian cavaly, perhaps looking in design somewhat like the Mouth of Sauron (Morgul Vanguad on this page: http://rhovanionalliance.revora.net/factionpages/morgul_u.php ). Feel free to use the images for the Rhovanion Alliance mod: http://rhovanionalliance.revora.net/ for inspiration. It was a bfme 1 mod that I worked on long ago that was never released due to key members, including the founder, disappearing.
Elfman200

PostPosted: Wed 3 Apr - 15:34 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

What are we going to do about all the different troops like trolls and mumukil??
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 3 Apr - 17:11 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

instead of the current setup we can relegate some troop types to new things, e.g. instead of having both heavy and light cavalry we can just have cavalry with cultural bonuses depending on race, so rohirrim will have very good cavalry and orcs will have wargs as their cavalry, and then the unused class can be something like Heavy Troops or Other, representing trolls oliphants etc
Elfman200

PostPosted: Wed 3 Apr - 17:22 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

I would agree on that however I have been thinking about it and all man and eleves can still use the normal setup, the others do need a bit of thought though as you can only modify attack values across the board by the same amout for example if trolls were 100 times that of the heavy cavalry then skirmish, melee and pursue would all be like that
Mog'Dug

PostPosted: Fri 5 Apr - 16:22 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

ok, I got my internet back after having had it cut off for a week.

ok, and Vikings to become Rohan. I hardly play vikings and hardly go to war with them, do they have cavalry?

I checked and the norse do not have cavalry, and Rohan needs cavalry.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 5 Apr - 17:14 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

It's the only principal needs for Rohan... You can't add a cavalry in the norse graphics?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 5 Apr - 17:18 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

You can edit light cavalry of west and apply it to that culture groups cav in files I believe
Mog'Dug

PostPosted: Sun 28 Apr - 20:50 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

first off, Wow, this mod is the best looking Middle-Earth thing I've ever seen. Really really awesome.

Secondly, oops,  sorry that I've been away the last 3 weeks. i told the guy who recruited me that I had to give priority to another project first. But that project is nearly done.

So, I'm painting orcs. my only problem, orc-wise, right now is helmets. I'm having a hard time removing helmets from the troops so that you can see their orky faces. Maybe I should just concentrait on making helmets look more orky.

anyway, wow, but this mod looks good.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 28 Apr - 20:55 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

Thank you for your work Okay
Mog'Dug

PostPosted: Sat 11 May - 05:54 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

The mod looks absolutly fantastic. Now, when I raise levies in Angoleme and Dax in mordor, this is what I get.

wait, I can't post the image, I'll just put it in my cubby on dropbox, called "Derrick", it's called orcs.jpg.

These guys dont look very "Orky".

now, I just need to identify these guy's texture map and give them a repaint. Can anyone tell me what textures they are pulling from? let me check something real quick....

ok, so i see there is no "models" dirctory under the "gfx" folder. So, I'll have to mod files in the models and the "attachments" and "shields" directory. I've got alot of orc art made already (but for different units than show up when I raise armies in Mordar) I just need to identify which texture is being used on those troops and transpose them.

um... trying to find info on orc culture and I come across this?

male_names = {
            Herbert
}

WTF is that? Herbert is not a orc name. Maybe "Hur-Burt" I could buy that.

anyway. the mod looks beautiful. and can people add me on skype or steam, so I dont feel out of touch? I'm "DerrickandMax" on both
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 11 May - 10:13 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

I cut the posts about orcs cultures to put them in the culture forum Wink
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sat 11 May - 14:57 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

I'll grab a generic Orc name list soon.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sat 11 May - 19:00 (2013)    Post subject: Orc armies Reply with quote

I think the one on the left is Muslim Heavy Inf, the right is Western Heavy Inf, probably because it's a Maiar levy. I think we could all start using the Steam group chat a little more Smile
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:37 (2017)    Post subject: Orc armies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange