The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

The Team
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 522, 23, 24  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> The Team
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 28 Sep - 11:28 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

I won't be operative for 3-4 days, when I'm back I'll start what i've already planned:
-Making Forlindon flags, and replacing some old flags
-Replacing the WIP county names, especially in the Shire, since I have a list of names at hand
-Adding Shire baronies (PS: How many baronies for each county of the Shire? (Min - 2, Max 3?)
-Updating and fixing some loading tips, and replacing the loading titles as seen in the AGOT mod)
-Completing Culture titles
-Maybe I'll add a couple of minor decisions
These are my plans, guys, tell me whether I can proceed or not.  Okay

Last edited by Chris93 on Sat 28 Sep - 15:47 (2013); edited 1 time in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 28 Sep - 11:28 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 28 Sep - 11:39 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

I'm also eager to get some work done, but awaiting new orders Smile

Are you on steam btw Chris? You can add my account "tbbj" to your friend list if you like, and we can help each other out with things and discuss mod changes too as needed.

I'm really getting the hang of event scripting now, so that's what I'm working on currently. It helped a lot building up a huge one from the start, making dozen of little mistakes, and the slowly learning the scripting language that way. It's actually starting to make sense to me now!
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 28 Sep - 12:14 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

Sure blood. I'll add u. We just have to wait for Lon, he'll tell us whether we can proceed Wink
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 29 Sep - 09:37 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

Hello guys,
I'm happy to see that you're making a great work on the mod  Okay
Here's my advices !
- For the WIP county names, i changed all the Harlindon/Forlindon/Arnor/Rhovaion ones, but i forgot the Shire, so i let you make them, you can use the maps of the Lords of the Ring Online game for inspiration : http://www.thebrasse.com/maps/lotro_gamemap_shire.jpg
- For the baronies, in Shire, maybe only 2 by counties : one "castle" and one "city". In Michel Delving/Tuckborough/Hobbiton/Buckland you maybe can add one temple.
- For baronies in other territories (Gondor/Rohan especially for now), i think you can make three baronies p/county, and more for some. I already made Anorien, and some lands in Rohan (Helm's Deep/Edoras). For the others, use the maps of LoTRO too for inspiration : http://www.containsmoderateperil.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/RoR-Map.jpg
http://www.containsmoderateperil.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ScreenShot0…
For Gondor, you can look in the maps on the Nuku cubby.

Blood, for working on baronies, you just have to mod three files : 
The history/province file of the province you mod (like 36 - Eregost.txt). You'll have to change the max_settlements by the number of baronies you'll make (default is 3), and then below, you'll juste have to adds your new baronies like b_defaultbaronie = castle/city/temple. You can mod the default first barony too if you want Wink Then, you can save the file!

Second point to change : In the landed titles file, you'll have to find the line of your county, and adds all the baronies inside the brackets of this county. Like this :
Quote:
c_eregost = {
color={ 226 248 251 }
color2={ 255 255 255 }

b_eregost = {
}
b_newbaronie1 = {
}
b_newbaronie2 = {
}
}

If you wants to use cultural names for the lands, that's the place too : just adds under the county/duchy/kingdom/baronie the line with the name of the culture and the name of the lands with this culture:
Quote:
c_eregost = {
color={ 226 248 251 }
color2={ 255 255 255 }

culture_orkish = "Wastes of Orcs"

b_eregost = {
culture_orkish = "Men Grave"
}
b_newbaronie1 = {
}
b_newbaronie2 = {
}
}

And after that, you'll have to make the localisation for your new baronies. So, you'll have to open the _Barony_Names.csv, and adds your baronies in the list.
Finally, just one advice :
If you're making new baronies, don't make them in the same time, try to talk together, and make an organisation, so you won't make two different landed_titles.txt and _Barony_Names.csv, with on one side the shire ones, and in the other side the Gondor/Rohan ones Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 29 Sep - 10:02 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

Ok, I and Blood will keep in touch by steam, don't worry  Okay
Lon, do you have anything more updated or we can use the MEP0.2a build? 
PS: Happy holidays in Corse  Exclamation
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 29 Sep - 10:06 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

No, i didn't have time to work on it the last days, so the 0.2a is the most updated version i've got.
You can update some things and search to resolve some bugs if you wants  Laughing

Thanks! I'll reboost my energy in the most wonderful place in the world, and i'm eager to see what you'll make for the mod during this time Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 29 Sep - 10:09 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 29 Sep - 10:58 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

Redit, could you please add Blood Royal to dropbox group?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 29 Sep - 11:09 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

Normally it's already done?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 29 Sep - 11:14 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

Oh, my mistake. I thought Blood hadn't been invited to the dropbox group
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 29 Sep - 11:57 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

Yep, I'm there, I just have to sign up for dropbox myself so I can upload Smile

And thanks for the explanation,  Chris and I will coordinate on baronies too then, and pass the files around as needed.

And enjoy your holiday - you've certainly earned a break from Modding Okay We'll try and have lots of new stuff done for when you're back.

Edit: For Shire temples, I was thinking we could do "Old Toby's Tobacco Fields" and "Farmer Maggot's Crops" and "Green Dragon Inn" - you know, food, alchohol and tobacco based themes Wink
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 6 Oct - 10:11 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

I'll be back this monday guys! Be ready  Laughing
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 6 Oct - 11:44 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

Great Smile

I had a really good few days of modding-work, but from now until the 15th I'll be focusing on writing a phd proposal, so work will temporarily slow down a bit from my side!
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 7 Oct - 22:17 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

Welcome to Astion, a new italian guy (Italy is now the most important country of our mod, with 2 members :p)
Even if he's a noob in coding, he'll certainly help us for the hard work of baronies/localisation/things like that, and will learn about other stuff with us !
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 7 Oct - 22:21 (2013)    Post subject: The Team Reply with quote

Great, welcome aboard Astion! I also started with no modding experience, but much of it is easily explained at least Smile
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:32 (2017)    Post subject: The Team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> The Team All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 522, 23, 24  >
Page 4 of 24

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange