The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

De jure for little known areas
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sat 6 Apr - 03:43 (2013)    Post subject: De jure for little known areas Reply with quote

Okay
Visit poster’s website Skype
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 6 Apr - 03:43 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Wed 10 Apr - 04:14 (2013)    Post subject: De jure for little known areas Reply with quote

could the four provinces of Celebrant be placed in a duchy called d_celebrant underneath k_rohan please?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 10 Apr - 09:40 (2013)    Post subject: De jure for little known areas Reply with quote

Will do
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Wed 10 Apr - 15:14 (2013)    Post subject: De jure for little known areas Reply with quote

Thanks!
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul - 01:25 (2014)    Post subject: De jure for little known areas Reply with quote

I don't think Enedwaith should be de jure Gondor. After all, it was held by Gondor for a very short time.

I think that de jure Gondor should end at the Isen river.

Also, was the Old Pukel Land ever owned or claimed by Gondor? If not, you might consider removing it from de jure Gondor as well.

Last edited by Moridin997 on Thu 24 Jul - 01:45 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul - 01:44 (2014)    Post subject: De jure for little known areas Reply with quote

De jure Forlindon consists of 2 separate territories: Forlindon west and east of the Blue Mountains.

Unless you want to make one or two provinces to reconnect the separate parts (ugly solution IMO), I think you should make Forlindon and Númen Lhûn (West Lhûn [the river] in Quenya, if I'm not mistaken) as two separate de jure Kingdoms.

Or you leave only Forlindon as a de jure kingdom and Númen Lhûn as a de jure princedom belonging to no particular de jure kingdom.

P.S.: Also, why de jure Noldor as an artificial [ [i]artificial[/i] because it consist of 2 de jure kingdoms separated by the Misty Mountains, a massive land barrier] geographic empire instead of a titular Noldor empire? It's not lore nor is it gameplay friendly...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul - 08:45 (2014)    Post subject: De jure for little known areas Reply with quote

I'm ok for Enedwaith/Old Pukel Land. Old Pukel Land was in fact ,ever part of Gondor, when Enedwaith was officially, but was never really inhabited by dunedain/gondorians. We should remove them, and maybe create an empire level title for this area, something that the dunlendigs will be able to create maybe.

For the Noldor, a titular empire should be good, with maybe Mithlond + Eregion requirements? instead of Lorien + Eregion?

And finally, for Forlindon, we can maybe cut on two the Kingdom of Forlindon, or just expand the Kingdom of Mithlond in the Western Lhûn territories, so we'll have three balanced kingdoms instead of two/three big ones with a small one at center?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul - 15:18 (2014)    Post subject: De jure for little known areas Reply with quote

A de jure Empire that Haldadians can strive for sounds good.

As for the Noldor, make titular with Mithlond+Eregion OR Lorien+Eregion (because Lorien+Eregion is a good alternative).

I don't know about extending the de jure kingdom of Mithlond. On the one hand, it would become similar in size to Forlindon. On the other hand, I don't know if Mithlond + Númen Lhûn would really fit as lone Kingdom. I mean, a kingdom with natural border that someone might strive for, in case there are no Elves there...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul - 16:58 (2014)    Post subject: De jure for little known areas Reply with quote

Not only for Haldadians, every race should be able to create an empire there, as it's mostly abandoned, no? Will be "fun"/"interesting" to an elf or a dunedain to create a new kingdom there, between Arnor and Gondor, or even for the Rohirrim to expand in this area?

Perfect for the Noldor, will do it  Okay

Well, i was just asking for Mithlond to try to balance the kingdoms of Lindon. But there's no "historical" reason to do it. A kingdom of "Numen Lhûn" should be good as well.
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul - 17:22 (2014)    Post subject: De jure for little known areas Reply with quote

Yes, for everyone, I just mentioned the Haldadians because they are the ones that live in that region.

As for Mithlond, I think you may be right. The borders seem natural enough. Make it all Mithlond. Also, do you want to keep the name or change it to Númen Lhûn? Since Mithlond is associated with the Grey Havens and immediate surroundings, having it also has a Kingdom that extends to Forochel seems a bit weird.
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Sun 5 Apr - 22:59 (2015)    Post subject: De jure for little known areas Reply with quote

Who created e_anduin?

I'd like to know the rationale behind it... (besides it being an empire that follows the course of the Anduin, obviously xD)
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Mon 6 Apr - 08:11 (2015)    Post subject: De jure for little known areas Reply with quote

It's the Eothed/Rohirrim empire, based on the migration to Calenhardon from upper Anduin, essentially it's a Middlemen empire.

Localisation is meant to be 'of Eotheod' for Middlemen, and Anduin for others
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:30 (2017)    Post subject: De jure for little known areas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange