The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

LoTR Symphony by Johan de Meij

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Resources
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 6 Apr - 09:18 (2013)    Post subject: LoTR Symphony by Johan de Meij Reply with quote

An alternative music for the LoTR, i don't know if you already listen to it:

I/ Gandalf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IorOng9qUOo

II/ Lothlorien
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWrocp6YgPo

III/ Gollum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxn-EIqYF8U

IV/ Journey in the Dark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDKiSRJvbKM

V/ Hobbits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96cribKMV0E
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 6 Apr - 09:18 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sat 6 Apr - 18:47 (2013)    Post subject: LoTR Symphony by Johan de Meij Reply with quote

Sounds great! If we could release these legally, coupled with the Born of Hope soundtrack and Morgan Casey's stuff I think we would have enough music tracks for a legal release. And if anyone wants to add tracks from the Hobbit/Lord of the Rings films we could set them up with a file for the tracks, but they would have to obtain and add the tracks on their own.
In order to avoid being shut down easily we should try and stay as far away from using artistic material from the films as possible.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 6 Apr - 19:19 (2013)    Post subject: LoTR Symphony by Johan de Meij Reply with quote

Yep you're right!
For the rights of this symphony, i don't think we can have them, the compositor still sells some albums with it...
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sat 6 Apr - 22:27 (2013)    Post subject: LoTR Symphony by Johan de Meij Reply with quote

Well we could at least make a file on the side that implements the music into the mod, but the music itself we shouldn't release. Instead it should be at the discretion of the player to obtain the music themselves, that way all liability would be off of us and it looks like we would even be encouraging their purchase of his music. Like the GoT mod, we must be wary about using any material from the films, as it would make us a quick and easy target to be shut down; so the best option is to take the middle road by making it easy for players to implement the art from the films on their own accord, whilst encouraging them to purchase the soundtracks, etc. As for using images from the films, it is a fine line to tread. Perhaps if we cite that the sources were publicly obtained, as one would in a presentation or project; but that may be hairy at best. I suppose the best option would be to find artwork from sources such as Tolkien Gateway that may have been fan-drawn; i.e. unlicensed artwork. I'm not saying we can't use anything from the films, but we need to be very careful with it and try to cover our bases.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sat 6 Apr - 23:15 (2013)    Post subject: LoTR Symphony by Johan de Meij Reply with quote

Hear hear
Visit poster’s website Skype
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Tue 4 Feb - 00:54 (2014)    Post subject: LoTR Symphony by Johan de Meij Reply with quote

Nukumnehtar wrote:

Well we could at least make a file on the side that implements the music into the mod, but the music itself we shouldn't release. Instead it should be at the discretion of the player to obtain the music themselves, that way all liability would be off of us and it looks like we would even be encouraging their purchase of his music. Like the GoT mod, we must be wary about using any material from the films, as it would make us a quick and easy target to be shut down; so the best option is to take the middle road by making it easy for players to implement the art from the films on their own accord, whilst encouraging them to purchase the soundtracks, etc. As for using images from the films, it is a fine line to tread. Perhaps if we cite that the sources were publicly obtained, as one would in a presentation or project; but that may be hairy at best. I suppose the best option would be to find artwork from sources such as Tolkien Gateway that may have been fan-drawn; i.e. unlicensed artwork. I'm not saying we can't use anything from the films, but we need to be very careful with it and try to cover our bases.

I'm currently working on this for the Complete Recordings. If all works as planned the 'songs.txt' should be able to go with the mod and should someone wish to have the LotR soundtrack (keep in mind this is like the extended version, maybe I could do the theatrical later) all they would need to do is rename the appropriate files and move them into the correct folder (renamed because the track names have lots of spaces and dashes, which I removed to avoid any possible complications).
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 02:44 (2017)    Post subject: LoTR Symphony by Johan de Meij

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Resources All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange