The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Culture and Religion Painting
Goto page: <  1, 2, 37, 8, 915, 16, 17  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 10:30 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Okay  Thanks Lon, i hope to give you all the material in a couple fo days 
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 10:30 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 10:33 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Perfect! Take your time, i'll wait for them Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 12:54 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Ok, i completed Nord Luin, this is what we have:

Duchy of Nord Luin:
Capital: Thorin's Gate
Counties: Thorin's Gate, Vale of Thrain (new province), Low Lands, Falathlorn (elvish culture)

Now I have some problems with South Luin, 'cause i know nothing about it. Any suggestion?
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 13:29 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Yeah, the southern range should be settled by Firebeards, just as the Broadbeams are to the North until the Longbeards from Erebor join them in Exile. Even after the Longbeards come, a few northern provinces should remain to the Broadbeam Dwarves.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 13:32 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the cultures suggestion, do you have any map of South Luin? I don't know which province can be put there.
Another question, I cannot remember who rules Ered Luin during War of the Ring, who is?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 13:54 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

In the Lotro game, Dwalin rules Thorin's Hall, if my memory is good !
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 14:00 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Provinces and halls in the souther Ered Luin would be fictional on our part, there is one on one of the reference maps we use from MERP, the same map that has Bellakar on it. They would be ruled also by the Firebeards, probably as vassals to Erebor.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 15:15 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

A panoramic of my work on cultures, Nuku, check if everything is ok, i'm not sure about Gondorian Middlemen
Gondor

Dunland/Isenmarch/Druwaith

Angmar
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 16:06 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Gondor Middlemen are all in the wrong place. Their remnant would be in Ithilien. That territory would have been belonged to Ishmalogim and then become Gondorian.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 16:38 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Ok, i'll fix it now  Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 18:11 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Fixed
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 18:12 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Okay
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 19:03 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

The Woodsmen in Eriador also should be of other culture, such as Druwaithing, also their real name that Tolkien gives them is the Fisher Folk, I just called them Druwaithing to resemble the Dunlendings. Also at least one or two provinces in Andrast should be Gondorian.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 19:54 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I didn't touch Eriador. Lon, i'm posting all my files tomorrow  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 20:08 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

///
Gondor Middlemen are all in the wrong place. Their remnant would be in Ithilien. That territory would have been belonged to Ishmalogim and then become Gondorian.
///

I thought we all agreed that Gondorian was for the "High Culture" provinces of the eastern part, while the Gondorian Middle-men represented the larger part of Gondor's population which was of much more mixed blood?

I think that it's more lore-accurate that there is a large percentage of Gondor which is of mixed ancestry (Gondorian Middle-men), isn't it? Basically like Chris and I did it, with Gondorians only in the major dunedain-settled provinces of the area around Dol Amroth, Pelargir, and Minas Tirith.

Alternately we could keep it all mostly Gondorian like you say but then make a few dunedain provinces (Minas Tirith, outposts in Ithilien, and the area around Pelargir and Dol Amroth)? That would complicate it game-play wise though.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 11:15 (2017)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 37, 8, 915, 16, 17  >
Page 8 of 17

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange