The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Culture and Religion Painting
Goto page: <  1, 2, 38, 9, 1015, 16, 17  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 20:16 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I've already fixed the middlemen problem anyway
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 20:16 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 20:18 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Well the Middle-men specifically refer to those lesser men descended from the houses of Beor and Hador that did not go to Numenor, and were related to the Northmen. The Ishmalogim are the people that the Oathbreakers were. I suppose since only a few Ishmalogim remnant should remain, perhaps other of their provinces could be settled by Middle-men during the late mid-kingdom period, instead of having them as as gondorian.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 20:26 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Yeah, I figured it was a semantic misunderstanding - "Gondorian Middle-Men" in my mind when i painted the map (and probably Chris's also) would represent those who were culturally Gondorian in their speech and customs, but who did not have the stature or life expectancy of the Dunedain of the Minas-Tirith, Pelargir, and Dol Amroth principalities.

In that sense, at least half of Gondor should be Gondorian Middlemen like Chris and I painted it.

Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 20:28 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

And yeah, hehe, I know it's already done Chris, but if we agree to "change it back" more or less I don't mind doing the work at a later date Smile
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 21:01 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Sounds good to me, just make sure to make the cultural shift sometime in the early to mid kingdom period of Gondor's history from ishmalogim to gondorian middle-men, maybe leaving one or two ishmalog provinces remaining. Also make sure that the province capitals of any Gondorian Kingdoms or Duchies are gondorian culture, so gameplay may be easier for keeping Gondor together.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 21:08 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Blood, i think i'll post my files tomorrow. If you want, you can work on them  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 21:12 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Coolness, it'll probably be on a later alpha version once we're done with all the baronies and cultures elsewhere, I'd just like to have it like that at some point to reflect the waning of the Dunedain in Middle-Earth more accurately Smile

And definitely agreed about hte Duchy/Kingdom capitals. 

Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 21:13 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

And sounds good, Chris, I'm gonna do Gondor counts, and then when you say you are done with the files, I'll add placeholder baronies for the rest of middle-earth as well just so we can get past that labor-intensive part  Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 11 Oct - 21:33 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Okay
Just out of curiosity, what does the county of Ered Nimrais represent? In my opinion 3 counties (Ered Nimrais + Minas Tirith + Pelennor) for Minas Tirith are excessive, don't forget that Gondor already has tons of counties, much more than Mordor + Rohan and don't forget that CK II is a huge RAM eater, so, fewer "useless" titles we have, the better will be for game speed! My proposal is to delete Ered Nimrais, and replace that title with a more useful one (Druedain forest maybe? Another county in Fangorn? Nuku asked for it) Let me know what do you think about it
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sat 12 Oct - 12:59 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I think redit put Ered Nimrais in so that the Citadel would not be the first settlement taken in Minas Tirith, proper. So the enemy would have to take the seven gates first, before taking the Citadel, I think was the idea. Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 12 Oct - 13:23 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I was reasoning in gameplay terms. In this way we risk to see (for example) a war ceased with only half of Minas Tirith conquered by the enemy. A truce with orkish (enemy) Pelennor and Minas Tirith, and Ered Nimrais new capital of Gondor? LoL  Mr. Green
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sat 12 Oct - 13:52 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Yeah, I think that was the idea to have the gamplay emulate the lore, so Ered Nimrais would technically be the captial of Steward Gondor, but I could be called a name other than Ered Nimrais, and have at least three barrios, i.e. : the White Citadel, the Fountain Court, and the Houses of the Dead, (maybe also the Houses of Healing, if desired). Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 13 Oct - 10:11 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I'm posting the new files in a couple of hours
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 13 Oct - 10:45 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Ok great, i'll test them Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 13 Oct - 11:09 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

NOTICE:
I suggest to delete your provinces and titles folders and replace with the updated mine 

Last edited by Chris93 on Sun 13 Oct - 11:18 (2013); edited 1 time in total
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:39 (2017)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 38, 9, 1015, 16, 17  >
Page 9 of 17

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange