The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Culture and Religion Painting
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, … 15, 16, 17  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sun 28 Jul - 05:52 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Along the coasts can be Black Numenorean, but I have made cultures for each region, including the haradrim, far haradrim, harondorians, etc.
Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 28 Jul - 05:52 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 28 Jul - 11:01 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Ahh, alright, sounds great then if we take Black Numenorean to mean Corsair also. Is that how we're representing it, or is there also a separate Corsair culture?

It's just that currently on the map there are like a dozen full black numenorean culture provinces in the southernmost part of Harad and I think this is far too much - That said, I know we're in early alpha, I'm just drawing attention to the matter especially now that you're working on culture mapping for the provinces Smile

I would make the same argument for the Noldor of Lindon. They should have a few provinces on the "north side" and definitely in the White Towers region if that is included and be majority in Rivendell of course, but most of the Noldor had left Middle Earth by the late 3rd age and Lindon should be (in my opinion at least) majority Sindar at this time in Middle Earth history.

Edit: By the way, if you're busy Nuku, I'd be happy to help with actually coding the cultures in the files (assuming it's more of a work-intensive rather than technically demanding task). You could paint the map in the first post one super-region (Harad, Gondor, etc) at a time and send it to me or post it here, and I can do the coding work leaving you free to spend your time working on more creative and technically demanding tasks. Like I said, at this stage I'm happy to do the labor-intensive grunt work to help get the mod moving forward.

Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sun 28 Jul - 15:49 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Actually I should be able to do it for now, thanks for the offer.

I agree that the majority of Lindon should be Sindar, and there will be some Noldor. Rivendell will be Noldor culture, Lothlorien and Mirkwood will be Sindar in their capitols and Silvan everywhere else to replicate the Sindar nobility ruling over the Silvan after the First Age.

Corsairs and Black Numenorians are one and the same, some provinces in Bellakar inland will be of far harad culture just so they can have a presence on the map.

I will try to make presence on the map for all seven Dwarven cultures, but I have three left to add and little room to add them in. In my adaptations two of them awoke in a mountain range in Khand, Blacklocks and Stonefoots, so I might make the Stonefoots have a presence there. Don't know about the other two who awoke in the east though...
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 28 Jul - 15:55 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Awesomness with pure awesomness sauce on top then, Nuku  Okay We are in total agreement then on cultural spreads in Middle Earth.

And the offer remains open, if there's s some tedious and time consuming coding work to do, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sun 28 Jul - 21:42 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Actually, I think many baronies could be made in province files and the landed titles file, at least for Dunland, Rohan, Gondor, Harondor, Umbar, and Harad for now. LOTR online is a good source for settlement names in Eastern Rohan and Dunland. Eregion should not at all be de jure kingdom under Gondor or Arnor, but de jure to an Elvish e_ level title such as High King that will be unnocupied when Gil-galad is dead. k_mirkwood, k_lothlorien, and k_lindon can all fall under this too. Rivendell should be a duchy de jure under Eregion, but should also get a titular kingdom level title for after Eregion falls. I think this would best simulate the Elvish realms both before and after the Last Alliance.
For barony names in Kingdom Era Rohan and Gondor/Arnor there are two maps I recommend that are in my cubby underneath the Resource maps folder. They are named: MERP - Map - Northwestern Middle-Earth map set_All in One_Carte TOTALE 8000x5400
and
north-western%20middle-earth

There are some other good maps in there on the Shire and one you can use for making Baronies in west and east osgiliath.

I'm thinking of placing some Avari on the War of the Ring era map in the place called Agasha Dag on one of the maps, a forested region east of the Sea of Rhun.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jul - 12:05 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I used Agasha Dag for Rhûn, but we can adds some avari on the northern part of this region Wink
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jul - 18:58 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Thats fine, it can remain a part of Rhun, but I will just make its culture Avari and leave it independent.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jul - 19:49 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Sounds good, even if it'll make a small number of provinces for Rhûn at the beginning of the game.
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jul - 21:17 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Well I just need a section of the forest, not necessarily the entire thing. I just want one province to make Avari during the Late Third Age period. If you think of one that might be better suited then let me know. Wink
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jul - 23:02 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Something went wrong with the newest version of the map where I can no longer use the Scenario Editor to fill in the cultures of provinces, which I need in order to do...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 31 Jul - 12:45 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Do you have an error or something that could help me to find out the problem?
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Thu 1 Aug - 00:11 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I'm not sure, I tried adapting it, but its didn't seem to work. I think its a problem with the defines and the number of provinces. They should not jump from 600 to 900s, as they need to go in sequence, otherwise is potential bug trouble. I know it is probably easier to add provinces to the map by doing so, but try to amend it for version we use in testing. Wink Is there anything else major your changed between redit's last upload and this one?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 1 Aug - 08:41 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Ok i'll upload a new version without the jump in the ids, it was just something to adds provinces in a more easy way.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 1 Aug - 10:53 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Excellent Smile

And by the way, in relation to Baronies, yes - I definitely see myself contributing a lot of hours to that work, as it it time consuming and probably relatively easy! Once the map is 100% done, I'll confer with you on Steam Lonhaldar, and you can instruct me on how exactly it should be Okay
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Thu 1 Aug - 21:07 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Lonhaldar wrote:

Ok i'll upload a new version without the jump in the ids, it was just something to adds provinces in a more easy way.

Aye, just keep in mind to try and test each new version of the map with JonStryker's CKII Scenario Editior found here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?686024-TOOL-CK2-Scenario…

Because having a graphical representation of what religions and cultures are in what provinces will really help me in painting the map in, as well in making title histories.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 16:57 (2017)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, … 15, 16, 17  >
Page 2 of 17

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange