The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Culture and Religion Painting
Goto page: <  1, 2, 312, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 15:14 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Good question... Wilderness ruler with a Dunedain castle barony called "Amon Sul Ranger Outpost" or something similar would work for me at least Smile 
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 15:14 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 15:15 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Yeah, that sounds good to me!
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 15:18 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Even just Amon Sul, assigning b_amonsul to a dunedain character will be enough. Maybe we should do the same with Enneth Annun in Ithilien?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 15:21 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I think that Amon Sul and enneth Annun could be entirely dunedain/gondorian, but that's my opinion!
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 15:22 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I don't know. You mean giving them the entire county? I do not agree, they have only 1 or 2 camps in these lands, they do not control the entire territory.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 15:32 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I was thinking about gameplay : if we can give a county to dunedain in these lands, it could be interesting!
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 15:42 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I see your point Lon. Blood, what do you think about this?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 16:07 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I m good either way, with a barony or the full county. I think in total there should be max 2-3 full dunedain  provinces in Arthedain, I already made one in Cardolan, and then I'd also like to see one in Rhudaur with a "remnant of the Rhudaur Dunedain" city.

Where the 2-3 Dunedain provinces of Arthedain are could just as easily include Amon Sul from my perspective.
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 16:27 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Remember that there are many sttlements listed in the Three Kingdoms of Arnor on the map with Bellakar. Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 17:40 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

-Fixed religions/cultures of Breeland, redesigned borders and landed titles, changed colors of duchy/counties, added baronies. I'll put it in the cubby in ten minutes
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 17:49 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Minas Mallor near Bree was captial of Cardolan Kingdom until destroyed by Angmar, just fyi.

Also what will be rulers of Bree and neighboring should be? Republic? or should be ruled by a count? I think a republic would probably be an interesting inclusion, with notable families such as the Butterbur and also other families of both Men and Hobbits. Also how to represent Bree and surrounding as both Men and Hobbits?
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 17:52 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I think the opposite side of Sarn Ford should belong to the Rangers in Cardolan, maybe one north of Buckland too. One or two others should be in Rhudaur too, possible near Imladris. Also don't forget that although Arnor was fallen, there were still famers scattered all across its territory, and even into Eregion. (i.e. as mentioned in the Hobbit, where the Trolls mention eating a nearby farmer, also seen in the PJ film).
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 17:53 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Enough to give the rangers a chance to survive, but not make too powerful. The scattered farmers could be represented by different county-level republics, with names of old Arnornian settlements found on the same map that Bellakar is found on. Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 18:16 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Yep, the Cardolan-Dunedain province I chose was completely at random, anyone can feel free to make it wilderness again and move it to a more suitable location. Same with the 2 woodsmen provinces, that was just "oh, let's put a few non-Bree folk here too" type idea, they can be changed as needed.

There's been plenty of discussions online about how many dunedain were actually left in the north, what with only 30 rangers being "assembled in haste" to help Aragorn. Keeping in mind that any population below 500 will lead to serious problems with inbreeding over the centuries, and that gathering rangers who were scattered all over Eriador in a week or two was difficult, I'd say a realistic population number was around 5000-10,000 maximum (in comparison, the population of Gondor has been estimated to have been 1 million+).
http://www.stephenwigmore.com/2012/08/populations-of-middle-earth-lord-of.h…

So there's room for a few Dunedain provinces in my mind at least, we just don't want a situation where Aragorn can suddenly muster 5,000+ troops. Including dunedain levies (not professional rangers) and local allies from the non-dunedain population,  it should (again - in my opinion only) be a maximum of 1-2,000. Enough to take a wilderness province in a siege, but it should take a long long time before even a restored Arnor offers serious manpower to any large scale war effort. There were of course scattered settlements, but Eriador - for some unexplained reason - seems suspiciously empty after the fall or Arnor.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct - 18:17 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

New files are in my cubby, under the "Bree" folder. Just copy and paste them over the files i posted yesterday
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:37 (2017)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 312, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  >
Page 13 of 17

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange