The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Culture and Religion Painting
Goto page: <  1, 2, 315, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 25 Oct - 09:25 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Blood Royal wrote:
Chris93 wrote:
Ok. Maybe i can start adding the missing localisations of the current baronies?

I started adding buildings to the main provinces - when you're doing localisation, could you keep the original name for them in the province files?

For example b_annulond2 should still be b_annulond2 in that history/provicne document when you add the localisation name to the excel sheet, otherwise it's double work for us  Okay

I've been adding Glittering Caves and Druadan Forest. I haven't modded localisations yet, so, no problem Wink
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 25 Oct - 09:25 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 25 Oct - 11:08 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Forgot to tell you, new files uploaded in my cubby  Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 19:05 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Strange bug, I was Denethor and I tried marrying Eowyn, she refuses because "Eowyn will not marry an infidel" Didn't we set them as intermarriable religions? 
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 11:23 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Maybe an idea:

The numenorean religion get this line : "parent=religion_eruhini"
where the rohirrim one didn't. So i believe that the two religions are not really linked, only because of this!
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Tue 5 Nov - 02:49 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I tried to make the code work in the religions file as the debs said it would, but I don't understand why it would not work....
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 9 Nov - 14:58 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Why is Amon Hen (West wall province) set as dunedain culture/religion?
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Thu 5 Dec - 16:41 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Just some fixes I am requesting be made to some provinces:

Why is the Celebrant region no longer owned by Rohan during war of the ring, both Eorlsmeade and Parth Celebrant provinces their culture should be rohirrim culture and religion and also should be owned by a character of both provinces as well as its own duchy underneath Rohan kingdom. Also the third de jure province in the region I intended to be an independent county populated and ruled by the very last remnant of the Calending culture.
The province just to the south of Isengard should not be owned by Rohan during the War of the Ring, should be owned by Saruman and peopled with Dunlendings that he invited to settle there. Also if possible Saruman should be given a more hefty army bonus, because he is currently too easy to defeat Rohan with.
The southern stretch of the Ered Luin should belong to firebeard culture, and the one province of two that I made in Khand that belong to the Dwarves, the one in the mountain range should remain stiffbeard culture as it currently is, and the other one (surrounded by Khand provinces on all sides) should belong to the stonefoot culture.
Also finally we should look into seeing a way to get rid of all the auto generated Maiar that rule over most of Sauron's provinces, they really should be ruler by Orcs. Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 5 Dec - 17:51 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I modified Rohan borders after some research. The northern border of Rohan is the Limlight river, so Celebrant fields are not de facto under Rohirrim control
The borders of Rohan are: The rivers Isen and Adorn in the west, where Rohan borders Isengard and the land of the Dunlendings; the White Mountains and the Mering Stream, which separate it from Gondor, in the south; the mouths of Entwash in the east; and the river Limlight in the north.
Map

I'll fix the other problems you have reported Okay
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Fri 6 Dec - 05:29 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Yes, but they were de facto under Calenardhon, and I set up the characters in a way to follow what prescedent has already been set by Lord of the Rings Online having the Celebrant area populated by Rohirrim. And it hardly seems they would abandon that region, especially since it was the very fields in which they earned their Kingdom. Wink I don't see any reason why they shouldn't have it instead of it just being wilderness land that they quickly conquer anyways.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 6 Dec - 08:46 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Re: Saruman army bonus, I think at first we should modify it so that he and Sauron both start with around 2-3000 gold so that they can hire their mercenary companies. That will mean a great deal, and if htey're still too easy to defeat, we can tweak troop numbers again.

As for Maiar, yes, I'll try and take a look at how the GoT mod managed to prevent High Valyrian courtiers from spawning/surviving.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 6 Dec - 10:30 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Ok Nuku, i'll work on Celebrant provinces. When you talk about the prpvince to the South of isengard you refer to isendale?
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Fri 6 Dec - 12:56 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Yes Isendale. It should only be a part of Rohan before Saruman reveals his true colors, because he does invite some Dunlendings to settle in and around Orthanc, and according to the tales of the Battles of the Fords of Isen in the Unfinished Tales, it seems that the Fords of Isen was where the Rohirrim were keeping Saruman's forces at bay until Theodred's fall, and had lost anything beyond the river.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 23 Dec - 18:50 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Nuku, what's the religion of the Hillmen that live in North Rhudaur during the Third Age? Haldadian?
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Mon 23 Dec - 19:26 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

No Haldaian is for the Dunlendings and related peoples. The religion of the Hillmen is either called forodwaith or angmarim or something referring to the men of the north. The files are all on my other computer right now, so I can check it out for sure. Okay
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:40 (2017)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 315, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange