The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Culture and Religion Painting
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 615, 16, 17  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 12 Sep - 13:04 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Amon Awar is an holy place for gondorian peoples, so we can't make it culture and religion druedain i think. As i said, we can make an independant barony inside this land, i made one named "Druadan Forest"
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 12 Sep - 13:04 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 12 Sep - 13:08 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

That's perfect  Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 15 Sep - 18:53 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Two questions:

Shouldn't Rohan and Gondor have parent religions? I remember that Nuku set them as parent but, in game, when I trie to marry Eowyn to Boromir she refuses because I'm an infidel. The infidel opinion modifier get the relations very bad too.

Is Bay of Forochel planned? Currently there is a big empty space between Angmar and Eriador/Lindon lands

Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 15 Sep - 19:17 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Yep, i'll add them later, don't worry Wink
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sun 15 Sep - 19:29 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Like I said when we made the categories for religion. The infidel and heretic malus we ought to remove and instead base malus between, 'Good' and 'Evil' traits.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Sep - 10:52 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Can I make a request for a new culture? I would need a separate culture for Sauron, something like Corrupted Maia. I absolutely need it because of culture titles. Since Sauron is classified as Maia, he will have the same titles' names of Maiar and, obviously, that wouldn't fit very well.
Let me know whether it's possible or not  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 17 Sep - 10:55 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I'm not sure we've to add another culture just for Sauron, for his title (the e_barad_dur title), we can make a specific title only for this land, so he'll be a "dark lord" or something like this, even if it doesn't appears in the maiar titles.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Sep - 11:00 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Yes, but, then, we'll have Mordor duchies/counties/baronies and the respective dukes/counts/barons with the same names of the other Maiar titles.But there could be a simple solution. Are there in game Maiar duchies or counties? If there aren't, we won't have problems, since I can give "orcish" name to Maiar titles.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 17 Sep - 11:02 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Well, normally Mordor will be ruled only by orks/nurnians/and maybe ringwraiths, Sauron will just rule Barad-Dur. So all the other titles won't use the maiar localisations
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Sep - 11:08 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Yes, but the culture titles seem to be based on the major liege's culture. As you know I've put orcish names in game, but Mordor still have the vanilla titles localisation. (Because I haven't put Maiar culture titles yet)Sauron is currently emperor, therefore, every single title in mordor is based on his culture.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 17 Sep - 11:09 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Because he rules all the titles at the beginning...
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Sep - 11:11 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Ok, I'll wait a more complete Mordor to think about those cultural titles.I'll make the other ones  Okay
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Sep - 14:55 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Lonhaldar wrote:

Because he rules all the titles at the beginning...

Yah, that is probably the reason. If you want to have orkish titles in use, then Orcs need to be given titles histories. Sauron can be given a special title much like the pope has in vanilla.The only problem with having Sauron, Saruman or Radagast ruling a province is the random creation of other Maiar characters. Same goes for Balrogs in Moria or Dragons in Erebor during Smaug's living there. We have to come up with a solution that prevents Maiar, Valar, Dragon and Balrog cultures from being randomly generated I think.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Sep - 15:02 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

The Game of Thrones mod had a work-around for this with the "High Valyrian" culture only supposed to be represented by the Targaryen dynasty - somehow they had a script that killed all other High Valyrian characters within a few days of them randomly spawning (like when you invite courtier to court, and so forth). Not sure how they managed it, but when the time comes, it might be a good idea to look at their event files for that.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 19 Sep - 08:34 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Yes, it should be implemented by events, you can try to make it if you want Blood. We needs something like this i think :
Quote:
character_event = {
id = xxxxxx
name = xxxxxxxxxname
desc = "xxxxxxxxxxdesc"

hide_from = yes

trigger = {
OR = {
culture = culture_maiar
culture = culture_valar
culture = culture_dragons
culture = culture_istari
culture = culture_enigma
}
NOT = {
character = "idgandalf"
character = "idsaruman"
character = "idsauron"
character = "idradagast"
character = "ids each valar"
character = "smaug"
character = "tom bombadil"
character = "goldberry"
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
days = 1
}

option = {
trigger = { ai = yes }
if  = { 
limit = {
location = {
culture = culture_orkish
}
}
culture = culture_orkish
}
if  = { 
limit = {
location = {
culture = culture_goblin
}
}
culture = culture_golbin
}

if  = { 
limit = {
location = {
culture = culture_dunlending
}
}
culture = culture_dunlending
}

if  = { 
limit = {
location = {
culture = culture_gondorian
}
}
culture = culture_gondorian
}

if  = { 
limit = {
location = {
culture = culture_haradrim
}
}
culture = culture_haradrim
}

}
}

But it'll be a long scripting event : all the cultures needs to be added in the lists in the option section, and all the characters who should be Maiar/Valar/Istari/Enigma/Dragons (and maybe the culture for the ringraiths too) in the trigger section. In this way, each character created by ai will be converted automatically in a good culture after one day.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:26 (2017)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 615, 16, 17  >
Page 5 of 17

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange