The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Culture and Religion Painting
Goto page: <  1, 2, 35, 6, 715, 16, 17  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 21 Sep - 12:00 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I haven't been able to get the mod working on the latest releases, even after I tried the 00_cultures fix you suggested with deleting the celtix_gfx lines Sad

It still crashes when I try starting a new game. I ll try again with the new build, and then I'll take a look at  htis (and baronies creation) if it works. I think the GoT event is simpler though, it simply kills any character that is High Valyrian culture and not an approved dynasty.
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 21 Sep - 12:00 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 21 Sep - 14:22 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

could you put your logs folder in your cubby, i'll look at it Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 21 Sep - 14:55 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

It works with the new alpha 0.2a but only if I disable all DLC's - still, it works enough for me to get some work done at least!

I also don't have Ent or Orcish portraits, and it crashes when I click on Aragorn and also when I try to load a game, but it's nothing too serious at this stage. I seem to have forgotten my dropbox login, and I can't upload, but I'll send you the error logs via PM just as an FYI Smile

Next time we see each other on steam, you can give me a quick tutorial on the adding more baronies issue, and I'll get on it.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 21 Sep - 15:29 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

For Ents and Orkishs ones, that's normal, they're not complete. I'll work on them for the next release. 
It crashes when you click on Aragorn? Weird... I'll have a look at your logs files and maybe a solution will be find Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 9 Oct - 12:06 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Since i'm working on provinces culture/religion and baronies I'd like a couple of suggestions.
Ithilien: orkish culture in the land occupied by Mordor? Dunedain in a couple of provinces?
Angmar: what religion/culture must be set here? And what about making it vassal of Mordor during the war of the ring?
What religion should Druwaith, Druedain and Breelander characters have?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 9 Oct - 12:21 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Ithilien : in the last third age, we should have three differents cultures i think : dunedain or gondorian for the rangers territories, wilderness for some lands, and orkish for the others?

Angmar : Black Numenorean?

For druedain : religion_druedain
For Breelander : religion_edain ?
For druwaith : religion_edain?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 9 Oct - 12:45 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I agree for ithilien, LOTRO will be very useful to me to fullfill Angmar. I've just found this:
"Angmar is a sickly region, barren and inhabited by fell creatures. Two factions of Hillmen dominate Western Angmar. Most of central Angmar is made up of an exotic swamp, where the ground is yellow and the creatures are strange,Northern and Eastern Angmar are terrible to behold. A large rift dominates the land, filled with massive spiders, deadly wargs, endless hordes of Orcs."
So, I'll divide it:
Western Angmar: Hillmen culture (we have it if I don't get wrong)
Central Angmar: Wilderness
Northern/Eastern Angmar: Orkish and a Spiders province
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 9 Oct - 13:06 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

sounds good to me!
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Wed 9 Oct - 13:16 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Chris93 wrote:

Since i'm working on provinces culture/religion and baronies I'd like a couple of suggestions.
Ithilien: orkish culture in the land occupied by Mordor? Dunedain in a couple of provinces?
Angmar: what religion/culture must be set here? And what about making it vassal of Mordor during the war of the ring?
What religion should Druwaith, Druedain and Breelander characters have?

Druwaith, Breelander, Calending, Andreasting and Dunlending cultures all fall under the haldadian religion, just as they do culture group.

I set it up so parts of Angmar can be peopled by Angmarim culture and religion.

Thre druedain have their own religion.

Before assigning religions and cultures to provinces make sure you give the files a thorough look-through, and ask me what they are if you need clarification.

The Hillmen people are meant to be in sections of Rhudaur and Eregion and share the Angmarim religion.

The Lossoth have their own separate religion.

The Harondorians have the southron religion along with the Haradrim and Far Haradrim.

The nurning also have their own culture and religion.

All variags and easterlings cultures have easterling religion.

All stoors have stoor religion.
All other hobbits have perian religion.
All noldor have calaquendi religion and all sindar/avari/silvan have the other.

Last edited by Nukumnehtar on Wed 9 Oct - 13:21 (2013); edited 2 times in total
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 9 Oct - 13:17 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 9 Oct - 13:34 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Okay

When doing Eriador cultures/religions, also make sure that there are no wilderness provinces on the coast - otherwise AI's from far away like Umbar and Bellakar will start colonizing those lands, which is surely not the intention.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 9 Oct - 13:36 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

But most of the coastal provinces of Eriador are abandoned i believe, it should be wilderness in some lands. I'm not sure that the rulers of the south of the map will come so far in the north?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 9 Oct - 13:37 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON CULTURES/RELIGIONS/BARONIES OF:
ANGMAR
SHIRE
BREELAND
GONDOR (I'm just reducing the temple baronies, blood royal had already done a perfect work)
ITHILIEN
MORDOR
NURN

Don't touch them, it's my stuff! Razz
Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 9 Oct - 13:43 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Lon - In several of my games, Umbar and Bellakar invaded Lindon (when it was still wilderness), and only left western Eriador alone because the sea-zone province there was not passable. That could be another way of fixing it of course, keeping the sea-zone for western eriador as it is now, un-sailable.

And good to see you carrying on the barony work, Chris! When you're done with this, I can possibly do the rest for the remaining parts of middle-earth north of mordor/rohan and east of the mountains.

As for temple baronies in Gondor, I was going to rename them as "Family Crypts of House XXX" once we had done the Gondorian counts, but I ran into a little trouble when my game kept crashing as I added the counts I had made. Will have to give it another go soon.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 9 Oct - 13:48 (2013)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting Reply with quote

Ok Blood! By the way, even if these lands aren't wilderness, the corsairs of Umbar and BN of Bellakar could invade Eriador, we won't make kingdoms or duchies on the coasts, only separate counties!

Good idea for the localisation of temple baronies of Gondor, we thought previously about the "House of Healings" or the "House of Traditions"!
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:40 (2017)    Post subject: Culture and Religion Painting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 35, 6, 715, 16, 17  >
Page 6 of 17

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange