The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Osgiliath
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 7 Mar - 11:26 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

Well, as our biggest fan on Paradox Forum ask us, how will we works with Osgiliath?
Two counties with one duchy? Only one county?
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 7 Mar - 11:26 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 7 Mar - 12:27 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

I would still prefer it to not be a county, as although it is important it is just a city. If however we can the system that sieges are undertaken so cities can be held before counties them selves this would be a more realistic way, with the counties on either side of Osgiliath having a city holding, so that if Mordor moves to Pelennor they first siege Osgiliath, then the lower levels of Minas Tirith, then the higher ones with the top being the last siegable holding. I need to look into this, and it can of course be changed and made a county if this doesn't work.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar - 18:00 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

Osgiliath was the largest city this side of Middle-earth. As per the vanilla setup, some holdings are sub-divisions of the same 'city', but divided for gameplay reasons (check out London, Rome, etc.). As far as the War of the ring setup might be concerned, I'm not sure how it would work if Modor is holding a barony underneath an Osgiliath county. My suggestion is to make several holdings inside one county using names from the map I uploaded, and if it come to being need to split into two counties for balance reasons I think there are enough holding names on both sides of the map.

Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar - 18:36 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

If they owned holdings of a county Gondor get a county claim and so do they.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar - 19:04 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

Which map you posted Nuku? The counties are fairly small, and there are not nearly enough names for the number of counties on the map including the south.
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar - 19:32 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

The map I'm referring to is the above map of Osgiliath, the names on which can be used for settlement names within a province or provinces of Osgiliath.
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar - 19:33 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

In the same way should not each ring of Minas Tirith count as a fortress? With the citadel being the last? 
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar - 19:35 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

I think that might work, but each province can only have 7 holdings.
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar - 19:37 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

I'm sure a few changes will fix that. (I want Minas Tirith. to be a beast to take, essentially forcing a siege despite the huge Orc forces.0
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar - 22:57 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

Problem is the top would have to be last holding sieged, and so not the top level
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Wed 13 Mar - 23:13 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

Hmmm...maybe if the citadel were part of the peak, maybe the peak act as a separate province with only one holding and no room for improvement, and only accessible through Minas Tirith itself?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar - 00:57 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

i thought of doing that, but really it needs to be pelennor county with osgiliath, then minas tirith province, then citadel province so sieges dont interfere with armies
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar - 01:04 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

We must not forget that Pelennor had a all of it's own. Also, having two many provinces might get confusing... Perhaps the citedal does not have to be the 'top' holding? However, whatever you guys think will work best is fine by me.
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar - 03:08 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

Well it would be a bit wierd for The Kings/Stewards to only be ruler of the first gate, rather than the citadel, and he can't have all holdings or else he would get a penalty...I like redit's view of merging Pelannor with west Osgiliath, holdings could be various places within West Osgiliath, and the Pelennor Gate at the end to create a buffer. That way Mordor can also occupy East Osgiliath.

On another note, with the Old Gods patch, some rivers are changed into provinces and can be sailed upon by the norse. This might benefit the Corsairs as a raiding cultures, so which Rivers should become sail-able? The South Anduin at least up to the Falls should be so. Maybe the Celduin linking the Long Lake with the Sea of Rhun, (Easterlings could raid Dale)? Maybe the North Anduin up until the Falls (linked by an overland path with the South Anduin)? Maybe a section of the Greyflood?
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar - 17:27 (2013)    Post subject: Osgiliath Reply with quote

There is already a part of the Southern Anduin that is sail-able (as it counts as a sea province) so I guess.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 13:44 (2017)    Post subject: Osgiliath

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange