The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

About Traits
Goto page: 1, 2, 310, 11, 12  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 11:21 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Lonhaldar wrote:
Yep, and the family of Imrahil of Dol Amroth too maybe. I'll work on gondorians portraits this week, and on some traits maybe. 

Okay  Someone, on the paradox forum, said that bonuses of some traits should be decreased. What do you think?
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 11:21 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 11:22 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I'm agree for the elrond bonuses who are a little too high. I'll decrease them, but he needs high skills anyway.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 11:24 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Okay  Have you already done "The One Ring" trait? I'm curious about its bonus  Wink
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 11:27 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

yep, the one ring is done, but not finished i think. For the moment it looks like this :
Code:
ring = {
intrigue = 20
diplomacy = 6
fertility = -100.0
immortal = yes
liege_opinion = -100
command_modifier = {
speed = 2.0
 } 
unique = yes
customizer = no
}

Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 11:45 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Ok, i think that a huge command or military bonus would be realistic  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 11:47 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

If the character who holds it is an hobbit, no. I don't know if we can mod this by culture?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 11:54 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Lonhaldar wrote:
If the character who holds it is an hobbit, no. I don't know if we can mod this by culture?

I don't think so, but we could solve this by giving hobbits a huge military malus 
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 12:53 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Yes, hobbits should have a military malus, but a moral bonus i suppose?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 13:09 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Yes, maybe a little intrigue malus too? 
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 13:21 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I'm not sure about that. I believe that hobbits are formidable plotters, especially for stealing spoons or food. So why not for court intrigue?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 13:24 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Ok, but not so formidable plotters. I want see them stealing food not killing Theoden or Saruman by plot hahahahaha Razz

MAJOR TRAITS IDEA

PS: I've just had a little idea. What do you think about the creation of two "major traits"? I was thinking about "Good Side"  and "Evil Side" traits. We give "Good S." to good races "hobbits, elves, rohirrim, dale, dwarves. dunedains, gondorian, ents etc" with a +50 opinion towards other good races and White Council, and a -50 opinion towards evil forces. Then we can give "Evil S." to Rhun. Khand, Orcs, Haradrims, Goblins and have the opposite results. In my opinion it would create a realistic simulation of the Good vs Evil war of LOTRO. Then, events that allow the player to choose their own side would be fantastic.  Embarassed  Do you like this idea? Is it feasible?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 16:56 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

That's actually a very good idea... Neutral also, with war forcing them to choose a side perhaps

I noticed the huge stats on Elrond too, but we have a long time to balance.

Last edited by Redit on Tue 16 Apr - 17:07 (2013); edited 1 time in total
Visit poster’s website Skype
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 17:00 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Neutral should be good for dwarves, ents and beornides i think, you'r right.
The only thing against this idea is : don't we have too much "generic" traits? If we looks at Elrond, he'll have the "Elf" trait, the "Good Faction" one, and the "White Council" one. It wouldn't be too repetitive?
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 17:03 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

That does sound good. But what about groups that don't like each other i.e.: Sindar and Silvan Elves vs. Dwarves. It is clear from all the books that there is much dislike between Dwarves and the Sindar/Silvan that stretches back to the slaying of Thingol in Doriath by the Dwarves of Nogrod. And yet the Noldor were very close with the Dwarves relationship-wise. How to yield these likes/dislikes?

Maybe these don't have to be through traits though, but opinion modifiers based on religion?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr - 17:05 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Maybe some events should help it? (help between Noldor and Dwarves, insult between Sindar and Dwarves, ...?) Each events should change the opinion of the rulers?
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 11:12 (2017)    Post subject: About Traits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2, 310, 11, 12  >
Page 1 of 12

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange