The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

About Traits
Goto page: <  1, 2, 38, 9, 10, 11, 12  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 26 Oct - 11:05 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

We have to make an orkish trait for their life expectancy and fertility level.

I suggest something like this, so they won't be immortals, but they'll have a long life. What do you think?
    health = 100.0
inherit_chance = 100
fertility = 2.0
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 26 Oct - 11:05 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 26 Oct - 14:42 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I agree with health 100, but I'm not sure Orcs should have a fertility bonus. With health 100 and life expectancy in the 500s maybe, imagine the amount of orc children Smile 

It's not a lore or realism problem, it's just a gameplay one, and could lead to massive save-game bloat and lag in the long run.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 26 Oct - 15:21 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

We talked about the possibility to make some "fighting events" for orcs. And so to "simulate" fights between orcs, for the leadership or for food for exemple, the goal is that only the strongest orcs may die by natural death. Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 26 Oct - 16:12 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

We can try and see what happens with +2.0 fertility - but if it's non-stop "your wife is pregnant" spam, I think we need to change it Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 16:21 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I'm working on some pre-existents traits.
-Added dwarven malus in opinion for elves trait
-Added AI modifiers for elves trait
-Added bonus in opinion between Nazgul
-Added AI modifiers for "orkish" and "half orc" traits
-Added unique = yes to object traits
-Removed same_opinon_if_same_religion bonus from magical rings, since they are unique
-Reduced some opinions bonus
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 16:26 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 16:44 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I removed the unique=yes from objects because the validator flagged that as an error... are you sure it's a valid command, or used correctly?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 16:46 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

AGOT uses it for the swords  Surprised

blackfyre = {
martial = 1
vassal_opinion = 5
monthly_character_prestige = 0.5
customizer = no
unique = yes
cached = yes # Keep a cache of all trait holders, to use with the corresponding event trigger
}
lightbringer = {
martial = 2
monthly_character_prestige = 0.6 
unique = yes
customizer = no
cached = yes # Keep a cache of all trait holders, to use with the corresponding event trigger
}
brightroar = {
martial = 1
vassal_opinion = 5
monthly_character_prestige = 0.5
customizer = no
unique = yes
}
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 17:33 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I would still remove it, if vanilla CK II doesn't use it... besides, objects will be unique anyways, it's not like they're given out randomly Smile 
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 17:34 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

No problem  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 17:37 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Well, they could maybe be given when characters are randomly created no?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 17:39 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

That's what I'm worrying about.  Surprised
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 17:40 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

No, there's another command for that... for example even the Blood of Numenor ones are not given out to random characters. If it's a health = yes or education = yes, then they're randomly assigned, but if it's not specified what kind of trait it is, it is not given out randomly.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 17:42 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Ok, good! I'll remove the unique = yes  Okay
PS: What's the difference between wildlife and wilderness traits?
EDIT= I'va also noticed that good and evil side have"lifestyle = yes". Should I remove it?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 17:57 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Hmmm... yes, probably, as they're only given via events, there's no need for it  Okay
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:39 (2017)    Post subject: About Traits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 38, 9, 10, 11, 12  >
Page 9 of 12

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange