The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

About Traits
Goto page: <  1, 2, 39, 10, 11, 12  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 23 Dec - 10:28 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Guys, I created a new race trait "Hobbit" with a little malus in martial and intrigue (to avoid that Hobbits lead great armies or start plotting to kill the Thain or the King of Arthedain  Mr. Green ) and some IA modifiers. I didn't create an event to assign it at the start of the game because i don't want the engine to load too many events at the stratup. I manually put them in the Hobbit characters file, so keep in mind to add "add_trait = hobbit" if you create a new hobbit character.
I'lli include this in my next update  Okay
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 23 Dec - 10:28 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 23 Dec - 10:30 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Ok thanks!  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 23 Dec - 12:13 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Okay You can also put inherit_chance = 100, and the heirs should get it automatically.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 23 Dec - 12:43 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I have. I mean, i haven't created an event to assign it to every hobbit in game at the startup    Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 13 Jan - 15:52 (2014)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Does someone know how i can remove an entire dynasty to the inheritance list of a kingdom?
Right now, the heirs of Castamir are the heirs of Aragorn, and it can't be... I would like to give a trait to the sons of Castamir like the bastard one, but not this one obviously, as they aren't bastards... 
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 13 Jan - 16:02 (2014)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

That's strange, in my game his heir is a black numenorean of the Voronwionath dynasty... so it could be random. But no, as far as I know, there is no way to remove dynasties from inheritance lists.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 13 Jan - 16:06 (2014)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Oh yeah, that's true, it's an heir of Vorommaite! So, am i forced to make them bastards?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 13 Jan - 16:09 (2014)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Hmm, well in any case, there will always be an heir of some kind, it's just unfortunate that they happen to be Black Numenoreans in this case. You can try and make them bastards, but won't another Umbarian dynasty just pop up, as they are the last descendants of the kings beside Aragorn?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 13 Jan - 16:12 (2014)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Yep. Or, we can allow all the dunedain  (gondorian/arnorian)  female to succeed (as it should be by the way), and so, more lines wwill be allow to succeed to Aragorn, like Halbarad, ...
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 13 Jan - 16:14 (2014)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I'm all for it  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jan - 15:49 (2014)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Adding several first / second age traits : 

Aeglos (The Spear of Gil-Galad)
Silmaril
Nauglamir
Light of the Trees (for the characters who came from Valinor)
The Oath of Feanor (for Feanor and his sons)
Belthronding (the bow of Beleg)
Dagmor (sword of Beren)
Angrist (sword of Curufin, used by Beren to take the silmarils on the crown of Morgoth)
Aranruth (sword of Thingol, part of the treasure of Numenor)
Dramborleg (Axe of Tuor, part of the treasure of Numenor)
Ringil (sword of Fingolfin, who wounded seven times Morgoth with it)
Angainor (the chain used to contain Morgoth after First Age
The Dragon-Helm (or Helm of Hador, forged by Telchar, holded by Maedhros, Fingon and Hador)
Valaroma (horn of Oromë)
Elendilmir (crown of Arnor of Elendil and Isildur, lost by Isildur, founded by Saruman and then by aragorn)
The Vingilot (boat of Earendil)
The Alcarondas (boat of Ar-Pharazon)

Most of them are only for flavour, but, the Elendilmir and the Spear of Gil-Galad should have some events related (Elrond should be able to take the Spear, and Saruman may find the Elendilmir)

Added again some others traits:

Craftman (for characters like Feanor or Celebrimbor)
House of the Gwaith-i-Mirdain (for Celebrimbor)

Last edited by Lonhaldar on Tue 14 Jan - 15:53 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jan - 15:53 (2014)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Perfect!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jan - 16:16 (2014)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Maybe make Craftsman into "Elven Smith"? They're not men, after all  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jan - 16:17 (2014)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Yeah, but i wanted to use it for Telchar too, the dwarf-smith of Nogrod who made Narsil or Angrist.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jan - 16:30 (2014)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Ahh, then maybe... "Skilled at Secret Crafts?" to show that they're the few ones able to make magical artifacts, and not just normal things?
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:23 (2017)    Post subject: About Traits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 39, 10, 11, 12  >
Page 10 of 12

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange