The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

About Traits
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 610, 11, 12  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 24 Apr - 20:25 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

PS: If someone has free time and wants to propose two icons for the traits or any suggestions , please do it  Okay
Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 24 Apr - 20:25 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 24 Apr - 23:50 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Great work, but more depth could be added than a binary opposition maybe? 'Neutral' for good sides that didn't want to take part, sides that were not involved in the fighting or siding at all. Not to complicate things but it seems a little simplified.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 25 Apr - 08:20 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

You means a "neutral-good side", and maybe a "wild side"?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 25 Apr - 09:35 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Redit wrote:
Great work, but more depth could be added than a binary opposition maybe? 'Neutral' for good sides that didn't want to take part, sides that were not involved in the fighting or siding at all. Not to complicate things but it seems a little simplified.

Yeah, I know it. But do not forget I'm a simple translator, not a modder. It is the very most I can do  Mr. Green Crying or Very sad . I'll be happy to put the files in dropbox and to pass the work to other and more expert modders  Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 26 Apr - 21:07 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I'm trying to add depht to my traits, I have two questions:

1) How do i link an event to a decision? When the player picks the decision, an event should pop up...

2) Do you know if it is possibile to create alliances by event or decision? How?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 27 Apr - 09:41 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

1/ in the "effect" part of the decision, you have to add a line with the event you want to link, like, i suppose (even if i'm a noob too, and i don't test it) :
Quote:
effect = {
character_event = {id = Numberidofevent}
}

Or maybe, if the decision give a trait to the character, you make an independant event that triggers when a character gets this trait?

2/ I don't think it's possible, as alliances are linked with families relations... But if you're in war, maybe you can have the rulers you want to joined the war (with a percentage of success)?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 27 Apr - 10:15 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

A new trait: "heir of isildur", for the true heir, gain of prestige and opinion. Will make an event for remove it in case of the character is king of Arnor/Gondor.

Does a trait could add claims on some titles?
Elfman200

PostPosted: Sat 27 Apr - 14:27 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I think a general opinion +20 is a bit too much and there is probably an event that could be made to add a claim
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 30 Apr - 11:49 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

You're probably right! I'll change it. If you want to make several events for some traits, you're welcome, i'll put a list of events this afternoon Wink
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 2 Sep - 10:09 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Two new traits for Numenoreans:
"Blood of Numenor" will give health/intrigue bonuses and fertility malus
"Heir of Isildur" will give health/intrigue/martial/prestige bonuses and fertility malus, and is a rebuild of the existing "heir_of_isildur" trait.

The "Heir of Isildur" trait could only be inherited from father, and with 100% chance of inherits.
The "Blood of Numenor" trait could be given to all children, but with only 75% chance of inherits.
So, for exemple, ingame, Denethor and Farami will have this trait, but not Boromir. Only some characters in the late third age could have this trait imo : Imrahil and his children, the king of Bellakar, maybe the Mouth of Sauron, the Dunedain (without Aragorn who'll have the "heir_of_isildur" trait), and maybe Hurin of the Keys?

P.S. : The bonuses in the screen are not the good ones, fertility is only -20% and health +80 for Numenor. 
-20% and +100 (+3 in cunning and +5 in martial too) for heir_of_isildur.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 2 Sep - 13:38 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Maybe Heir of Isildur trait could also be used as one of the prerequisite to recreate e_arnor
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 2 Sep - 13:41 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Yes, i think it could be, a prerequisite for e_arnor, e_gondor and a future e_reunited_kingdom ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 2 Sep - 13:51 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Not for e_gondor, stewards are not direct heirs of isildur. Maybe we can create a e_arnor that can be held by everyone, and an e_reunited_kingdom (should have the same Arnor territories, shouldn't it?) creatable only if you have Heir of Isildur trait.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 2 Sep - 13:55 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Yes, but stewards rules a titular title: e_steward_gondor, and not the de jure e_gondor. 
So the de jure empire is for the heir of isildur, it makes sense that we use the trait "heir of isildur" as a condition to reforge it. The same for e_arnor, i don't think that everyone could reforge it, only the heir of the Kings.
For the e_reunited_kingdom, i see some conditions : holds Gondor AND Arnor, be an heir of Isildur, Sauron/Saruman should be destroyed, and Gondor/Arnor is in peace?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 2 Sep - 14:00 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Ok, now it sounds very good. Yes, it would be perfect.  Okay
PS: Yep, you're right, i forgot that actually Gondor is e_steward_gondor and not e_gondor.
PPS: I'd suggest to change the localisation of "Kingdom of" for e_steward_gondor to "Intendance of Gondor", so that we can differentiate e_gondor and e_steward_gondor.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:31 (2017)    Post subject: About Traits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 610, 11, 12  >
Page 5 of 12

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange