The Middle Earth Project Forum Index
 
 
 
The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

About Traits
Goto page: <  1, 2, 36, 7, 810, 11, 12  >
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Author Message
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

Offline

Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Posts: 3,190
Localisation: France

PostPosted: Sun 22 Sep - 13:57 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Ok! The trait "Light of the Trees" is ready : will give +3 on learning, +2 on stewardship, +1 on diplomacy, and prestige bonuses too!
Back to top
Publicité






PostPosted: Sun 22 Sep - 13:57 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Back to top
Chris93
Team

Offline

Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 1,965
Localisation: Italia

PostPosted: Sun 22 Sep - 18:53 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I suggest two little changes to your race traits, Lon  Okay  Let me know what you think about it
Quote:
dwarven = {
birth = 100
inherit_chance = 100
        health = 120.0
potential = {
culture_group = culture_group_dwarves
}
opposites = {
        trait = elf
        }
        opposite_opinion = -15
    same_opinion = 25
martial = 1
    stewardship = 3
}
elf = {
    birth = 100
inherit_chance = 100
potential = {
culture_group = culture_group_vanyar
}
opposites = {
        trait = dwarven
        }
      opposite_opinion = -15
    same_opinion = 25
martial = 2
    fertility = -90.0
    immortal = yes
}






Back to top
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

Offline

Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Posts: 3,190
Localisation: France

PostPosted: Sun 22 Sep - 18:55 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I'm not sure, if we do that, elves and dwarves will be always in war :s
Back to top
Chris93
Team

Offline

Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 1,965
Localisation: Italia

PostPosted: Sun 22 Sep - 19:27 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I don't think a  - 15 in relations would cause permanent wars  Mr. Green  Anyway, we could lower the malus to - 10. PS: Don't forget that Elves and Dwarven will be "united" by the Good Side relations boost! 
Back to top
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

Offline

Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Posts: 3,190
Localisation: France

PostPosted: Mon 23 Sep - 09:21 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Yep that's true!
Back to top
Blood Royal
Team

Offline

Joined: 18 Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Localisation: Denmark

PostPosted: Wed 25 Sep - 15:19 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I ran a game long enough to have Denethor marry Imrahil's daughter for 50+ years, and the "Blood of Numenor" trait doesn't ever seem to get inherited to the 5 children they had. Likewise, Imrahil's and his descendants born after game start do not get it, even though in the mod files they should have a 75% chance to inherit it (and I imagine closer to 90% if both parents have it, like with Denethor and Imrahil's daughter).

I think it's an awesome idea in itself, and I really like the idea of some Dunedain families having extra long life due to their noble bloodlines, I'm just wondering why it's never being inherited. Have any of you guys noticed the same issue? Maybe I need to do a clean reinstall of CK II, because none of the children seem to get any traits at all when I play...
Back to top
Chris93
Team

Offline

Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 1,965
Localisation: Italia

PostPosted: Wed 25 Sep - 17:09 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

I didn't try it yet but I'd suggest to use a clean version and see what happens  Okay
Back to top
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

Offline

Joined: 06 Mar 2013
Posts: 3,190
Localisation: France

PostPosted: Wed 25 Sep - 17:55 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

In my games, the traits are inherited, try a clean reinstall Wink
Back to top
Blood Royal
Team

Offline

Joined: 18 Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Localisation: Denmark

PostPosted: Wed 25 Sep - 18:00 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Ahh good Smile Will do, then!

Might also fix my Aragorn crash issue and the DLC crash...
Back to top
Blood Royal
Team

Offline

Joined: 18 Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Localisation: Denmark

PostPosted: Thu 26 Sep - 21:28 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

lol!

Still trying to get the Blood of Numenor trait to be inherited after a clean reinstall, and so I decided to learn event coding along the way since I can't seem to get it done any other way. Want to make it so that:

-Father + Mother has it, child gets it (but will now be called "Strong Blood of Numenor")
-One parent has it, 25% chance child gets it, 50% chance he gets lesser trait called "Blood of Numenor" with half stat boosts, and 25% chance he gets nothing
-One parent has strong blood, the other normal blood of numenor, 50% strong blood, 50% normal blood of numenor

It's an excellent way to learn scripting, and I'm making progress... sort of! I had to laugh, however, when Denethor married Imrahil's daughter, and somehow their child was an elf! Embarassed

No idea how that happened... I specifically stated add_trait = blood_of_numenor to the event! But at least it did.. something, so I'm on the right track...

////

(just so you can see there is no add_trait = elf to the event)

character_event = {
    id = 500001
    title = bloodofnumenor1
    desc = "bloodofnumenor_de1"
    picture = GFX_evt_coronation
   
    max_age = 2
       
    trigger = {
        NOT = { has_character_flag = bloodline_passed }
        OR = {
            father = {
                trait = blood_of_numenor   
                }
           
            mother = {
                trait = blood_of_numenor
                }
            }
              }
    mean_time_to_happen = {
        days = 1
    }
random_list = {
                99 = {
                    add_trait = blood_of_numenor
                }
                1 = {
                }
set_character_flag = bloodline_passed
    }
Back to top
Chris93
Team

Offline

Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 1,965
Localisation: Italia

PostPosted: Thu 26 Sep - 21:34 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Great Blood. I'm happy you're learning events modding, since currently we do not have an events writer  Okay
Back to top
Blood Royal
Team

Offline

Joined: 18 Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Localisation: Denmark

PostPosted: Thu 26 Sep - 21:56 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Yeah, hehe, I'll do my best to learn it - Mostly from looking at other people's events and adapting them to this mod, but there are so many events in other mods plus the base game, that it shouldn't be too hard to get a lot of "inspiration" Cool
Back to top
Blood Royal
Team

Offline

Joined: 18 Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Localisation: Denmark

PostPosted: Fri 27 Sep - 14:49 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Wow, as they say - necessity is the mother of invention. And all because I cound't get the trait to show up inherited. That was a ... learning experience, and one monster of an event chain, but I finally got it to work with a little final assistance from the paradox forums Very Happy

Here's what I have now:

There are 2 types of Numenorean blood - blood_of_numenor which reads "The Blood of Numenor runs almost true in this character" and the blood_of_numenor2 which reads "This character has strong traces of his Numenorean heritage". For the graphic, I'm afraid I just used the blood of numenor one, but I think if one of you could just edit it to be dark grey instead of black it would be fine Smile Whatever bonus we end of giving the blood_of_numenor, the blood_of_numenor2 bonus should be half of that, to represent a lesser degree of descent.

Now I have coded the following birth-trait odds into it:

-strong blood_of_numenor + strong blood of numenor = 95% strong descent, 5% chance of normal descent
-strong blood_of_numenor + normal blood of numenor = 50% strong descent, 50% chance of normal descent
-strong blood_of_numenor + no blood of numenor trait = 50% chance no blood of numenor, 40% chance normal blood of numenor, 10% strong blood of numenor
-normal blood_of_numenor + normal blood of numenor = 10% strong blood, 80% normal blood, 10% no blood of numenor trait
-normal blood_of_numenor + no blood of numenor trait = 73% chance no blood of numenor, 23% normal blood of numenor, and 2% strong blood of numenor

This means of course that we'll have to add the blood_of_numenor2 trait to several of the other princely families of gondor (probably the ones in Anfalas, Lebennin, and Anorien only) just so that there's a greater chance of the trait surviving long-term.

Also I think Aragorn should now get the normal blood_of_numenor bonus because that is now properly coded for inheritance, and then we just decrease the heir_of_isildur bonus to just add a little on top of that so that the heirs of the king get longer life - IF they marry someone with the blood_of_numenor trait of course... You could still have heirs of isildur for several generations, but if they keep marrying commoners they shouldn't get the uber-long life Very Happy

I was also thinking I could do an inherited trait in the same way (percentage wise, that is) that says "distant elven ancestor" which might give a small bonus. For example, for the Lords of Dol Amroth had an "elven air" about them it is written I think. Then make it so that if a human marries an elf, the character automatically becomes a half-elf. If a half-elf marries a half-elf, their children become half-elves, and also if they marry an elf. If they marry a human, their children become 25% chance half-elves, or just 75% "distant elven ancestor". Then if "distant elven ancestors" marry someone without that trait, there's a 25% chance of losing it per generatioin, or something similar.

I'll upload to dropbox when I have more files to complete, but here is a preview at least:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/97exds

Edit: Damnit, a little premature... now all Gondorian children seem to get the blood_of_numenor traits, one or  the other. Back to the drawing board, but I'm zeroing in on the problem... ! It's an AND / OR issue in the event, pretty sure...
Back to top
Blood Royal
Team

Offline

Joined: 18 Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Localisation: Denmark

PostPosted: Sat 28 Sep - 18:03 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Got it to work  Cool Now I can rest easy, hehe, and spend my mod time on other things! That was a 3-day course in event scripting, quite useful actually, feel up to making much more complicated events now. The event itself wasn't so hard once I figured out what was wrong, it was digging through hundreds of other events and getting advice from the CK II forum which was the really useful part of this.
Back to top
Chris93
Team

Offline

Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 1,965
Localisation: Italia

PostPosted: Sat 28 Sep - 18:16 (2013)    Post subject: About Traits Reply with quote

Now you are the "Lord of the Events" Mr. Green
If you post a link to these files I'll be happy to test it Rolling Eyes
Back to top
Contenu Sponsorisé






PostPosted: Today at 04:39 (2017)    Post subject: About Traits

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 36, 7, 810, 11, 12  >
Page 7 of 12

 
Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group