The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 19 Apr - 17:57 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

If someone choose to play with Gondor at the beginning of the Game, he'll play as the Steward (Denethor II). So, he can't become King, and he can't reforge the Reunited Kingdom.

Is it possible to imagine that all the descendants of Isildur will got the trait "blood of Isildur", and this trait could be the condition to reforge the kingdom, instead of the Isildur's dynasty? In this way, someone who'll be the son of the daughter of Aragorn could be King, and it won't be frustrating to play with Gondor at beginning.

I know that's not canon at all, but it's only about gameplay, and maybe a little flavour too?
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 19 Apr - 17:57 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sat 20 Apr - 00:29 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

This would probably have to apply to the bloodline of Anarion as well then, of which the stewards are distantly related to maternally. Actually Denethor did have ambitions to place Boromir or Faramir on the throne. Perhaps an event where the oath of the Stewards can be broken, but would cause a great decrease in stability and possible revolt?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sat 20 Apr - 06:05 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

I was going to do the Trait route, but it's worth thinking about. The Stewards should be able to take the throne, but the conditions would be perhaps be at peace and spawn many pretenders or have a high chance to trigger a total civil war revolt like the kinstrife
Visit poster’s website Skype
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 20 Apr - 09:06 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

I think so, someone who isn't a direct heir of Isildur/Anarion should have a high chance to trigger a civil war. 
Azagal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 25 Jun - 19:19 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

Correct, although the mayority of the population was just normal men, they still wanted a direct decendant form their old king on the throne
Aragorn was through forefather who got married with a princess of gondor (and heir to the kingdom if the stewards not interfered)
(old king got killed by the witch king in a duel at Minas morgul.)
Azagal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 25 Jun - 19:20 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

And his far-far-far forefather of fathers side who was a direct decendant of elendil.
Astion

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 11:57 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

For what we Know the last Discendant of Castamir the Usurper died, but, it could be very intereasting if we could have one of his Descendant still alive in Umbar! (Anyway it isn't so difficult that one of them could survive!) And he could have a Claim on Gondor Wink
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 12:55 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

Sounds reasonable. I still haven't finished Casamir's Black Numenorian descendants or his wife's family, but I could give a person willing to do it a chart of the family tree I got for his branch.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 13:01 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

Sounds like a good thing to start learning how to do, Astion Smile Family trees were the first thing that I learned and I had no modding experience when I joined, and we could always use more of them - not just for the major families, but also for many of the other provinces. It was the first thing I started on, Gondorian counts, and I can send you a PM with instructions on how to do it if you like. It's quite easy actually, you just need to edit text files of dynasties and then one for the characters themselves.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 13:04 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

As for  Umbar, right now with the casus belli Umbar in my games never attacks Gondor. Could perhaps give them a weak (or lore-inaccurate, but gameplay enhancing strong claim) on a couple of Duchies along the coast in southern Gondor?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 13:37 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

Perhaps it's possible to code an event to switch the player character from Denethor to Aragorn if Mordor is defeated, and after all there is a strange period after Denethor dies when Gondor has no defined ruler, but it would be Faramir in the game. And if Faramir is granted lands by Aragorn which he is, then the game wouldn't end but Faramir would continue as Prince of Emyn Arnen. Then the player could just save and reload as Aragorn if he wished.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 13:53 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

It should be possible, and yes, we should find a way to make it so without involving a violent conquest or civil war.

But instead of just Aragorn II, I would prefer it if we made the condition anyone with the "Heir of Isildur" trait and XXX prestige (It would have to be set very high). Aragorn of course should have lots of prestige due to his heroic adventures in the past, but if his heir unites the North, then it should also be possible.

Just so that there are two options:

1. Aragorn can get the throne via some event linked to the destruction of the ring

2. If an Heir of Isildur has X prestige and holds title K_Arthedain AND either K_Cardolan or K_Rhudaur, then the Gondorian ruler gets an event. "The Dunedain of the North have risen again under the Heir of Isildur. Do we also welcome the return of the King?"

((I wish we could write longer event descriptions, but unfortunately in my experience, it is limited to 40 words or so))
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 14:07 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

In the current "decision", any characters with the Heir of Isildur trait, and who rules the chiefdom of dunedain could return as king of gondor and arnor Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 15:32 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

Shouldn't we add a limit that says if also holds K_Arthedain at least?

I mean in the words of Denethor (I watched LOTR III last night, hehe) "I will not bow to this ranger from the North, last of a ragged House long bereft of Lordship!"

If Aragorn held a Kingdom title, and not just a Chief title, the Gondorian nobility might respect him a little more Mr. Green
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 15:38 (2013)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor Reply with quote

Yes, but Aragorn didn't held any title before he was crowned king of Gondor Wink
We can adds some other conditions (the character needs Anduril and the Ring of Barahir too), but i believe that the best solution is to make an event chain, with an event for the Steward with the question : "Will you let the Return of the King happens?".The Steward will be able to say yes, but to say No too!

And if he says "No", it could happen a civil war, or the Heir of Isildur could make the choice to wait again.

But yeah, we can make these events begins with the "death" of Sauron.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:14 (2017)    Post subject: reforging kingdom of Gondor/Arnor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange