The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Graphics progression
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 7 Mar - 11:30 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

For CoAs:

Gondor - done
Rohan - done
Shire - done
Cardolan - done
Arthedain - done
Rudhaur - Done
Isengard - done
Lorien - done
Noldorian countries - done
Mordor - done
Rhun - not yet
Umbar - done
Angmar - done

For dynasties :
Done : Hurin - Baggins - Took - Brandybuck - Eorl - Fingolfin - Finarfin - Girion - Imrazor - Isildur - Oropher - Telcontar

Events:
Not yet

Last edited by Lonhaldar on Thu 8 Aug - 14:20 (2013); edited 1 time in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 7 Mar - 11:30 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 12 Mar - 10:05 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

Rudhaur and alternative flags for Cardolan added
Mog'Dug

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar - 19:32 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

Hello, and Let me say that wow the mod looks excellent. I'm painting some orcs, Im just testing right now, but I put them in my (Derrick Moore) cubby on dropbox. Give me any feedback, cause I dont mind taking direction or changing anything. 
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 16 Mar - 10:52 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

That looks good Mog'Dug! One suggestion for the pikemen you made... I find the armour too much... worked forn an orc. Maybe something more ... dunno... gross?

Could you make some for Gondor/Rohan? i'm curious to see them!
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sat 16 Mar - 18:25 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

Great work! I take it that you will also be doing the portrait work?
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Sat 16 Mar - 19:52 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

Lon, it was said that the Orcs did craft very good armour, it just looks crude. I think Derrick's models look good.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 16 Mar - 20:08 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

Ok for me Wink 
Mog'Dug

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar - 17:48 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

yeah, Gondor and Rohan, sure. do you have an image in mind (like maybe a painting from the Tolkien Calender of how they should look?)

Sorry, havn't posted in the last 4 days, I've been busy at work.

I havn't been able to test any of the orcs yet, cause I havn't been able to find any Light or heavy infantry in any CK games recently, and I dont have the muslim DLC.

HAHA, orc portraits would be fun. There is to be an entire Orc culture, right? so they probably need orc portraits too. And elves. hmmmm. Elves should be done first, cause orcs are corrupted elves I think.

I notice there are .xac models in the orc culture group, does this mean someone can convert models? Like I could make a Warg and replace that with the horse for the orcish cavalry?

What I need is a list, such as

1. The Light and heavy cavalry needs to be reskinned to look more like this --> http://img-fan.theonering.net/~rolozo/images/price/ridersofrohan2.jpg. I'll then put it in my cubby and when it's good enough somone can add it to the mod?

actually, that was the only painting of Rohan's Riders that I could quickly find on the web, but at least it shows all the correct colors and little of the style of their armour.

and I'm sorry I turned the announcements thread into an orc discussion, maybe a mod can clean it it. I wasn't able to start a new post in the forum, I'm not sure why.

Last edited by Mog'Dug on Mon 18 Mar - 18:11 (2013); edited 1 time in total
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar - 18:04 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

Mog'Dug wrote:
HAHA, orc portraits would be fun. There is to be an entire Orc culture, right? so they probably need orc portraits too. And elves. hmmmm. Elves should be done first, cause orcs are corrupted elves I think.

You're right, orcs are corrupted elves, so it's better if we done the elves before. 
And they're the dwarves too! And the Valar/Maiar, maybe? Maybe we could make unique pictures for them, but i don't know if it's possible and how it works.

For Gondor and Rohan, i don't have really an image in mind! The only important things for Gondor are the helms, i suppose, and the colour (black/silver?)

Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar - 18:09 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

I quite like the art from the film. The main reason is it is, for the most part, made by John Howe and Allan Lee, who, outside of the movies, make most of the popular art anyway.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar - 18:13 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

Yep, Most of the art from the films are good, but it seems that Warner is a bit overprotective with their rights... But we can inspire from their work!

And for me, the arts from Ted Nasmith are great too. A good inspiration for us too.
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar - 18:45 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

They will never find this mod, rest assured.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar - 18:53 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

I'm not worried, but I prefer to remember how silly they can be with their rights sometimes Wink
But actually, yeah, gondor and rohan should looks at what we see in the movies. Because the fans expect it!
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar - 19:51 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

The fact that they have not even noticed Third Age Total War is testament to this. The only reason the Skyrim mod was noticed is because it was so high key.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Mar - 16:05 (2013)    Post subject: Graphics progression Reply with quote

In fact, if we don't use the pictures of the movies for some of the characters, i don't know where we can really copy them.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:37 (2017)    Post subject: Graphics progression

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange