The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Decisions
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Wed 29 May - 22:15 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

I'm not sure I like "Forgiven by the Valar", as they were not necessarily directly influencing the lives of individuals in Middle-earth during the Third Age. I think maybe "redeemed" is a better description, because it has a note of personal change of heart and fits better with "corrupted".
Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 29 May - 22:15 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 29 May - 22:18 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

Don't worry Nuku, they're temporary names. Propose what you want  Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 29 May - 22:37 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

Everything is in my cubby, tommorow I'll work on icons and trait names  Okay
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Wed 29 May - 22:50 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

Corrupted by the Darkness is good I think. As for reverting to the good side, I think maybe Redeemed or Redeemed by the Light is appropriate, as the Ainur, Elves and Men are all associated with light, whether it be moonlight, starlight, firelight or sunlight.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 29 May - 22:58 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

I like  Redeemed by the Light  Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 31 May - 10:07 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

I have a question for you guys. Are evil (but human) populations supposed to be members of good_religion or evil_religion? I mean, shouldn't Dunlandings, Variags, Rhun, Haradrim and Corsairs be worshippers of Morgoth? (Especially Corsairs and Dunlandings, they could use looting in this way). I've asked this because, in the alpha, Khand is worshipper of Eru Iluvatar.
Okay
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 31 May - 13:34 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

There will be more than two religions, there will be a Pagan religion and perhaps other neutral ones. Dunlendlngs are not worshippers of Sauron, they pledged their allegiance to Saruman as he could get their lands back right?
Visit poster’s website Skype
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 31 May - 13:45 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

Okay  Ok, I was worried about the presence of only 2 religions  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 31 May - 13:52 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

In the same way, the dwarves needs their own religion, something like "Follower of Aulë"
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 31 May - 13:59 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

Aye, Mahal is in
Visit poster’s website Skype
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 31 May - 14:00 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

Ok Perfect Wink
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Fri 31 May - 18:29 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

Redit wrote:

There will be more than two religions, there will be a Pagan religion and perhaps other neutral ones. Dunlendlngs are not worshippers of Sauron, they pledged their allegiance to Saruman as he could get their lands back right?

Indeed, it is actually likely that the gods of the Dunlendings and related groups were their own perceptions of the Valar, as it was with the Rohirrim and Northmen; the main thing that separated them from the Northmen and Numenoreans was that they spoke languages descended from the Haldadians (who were themselves Edain) which was unrelated to the Taliska language of the Beorings and Hadorians, of which Adunaic and the Northmen languages descended from; but when the Numenoreans returned, they destroyed their forests and treated them as slaves because they initially did not see their relation due to the language difference, as was with the Northmen. Tensions were slightly eased during the time of the Kings of Arnor and Gondor, but the wound was just waiting to be reopened. It is likely the Dunlendings were offended that the Rohirrim were offered the lands in which had traditionally been settled by clans somewhat related to them, albeit far more influenced by Numenorean culture, and these feelings becoming much greater when Wulf rallied their clans to back him in his rebellion to take the throne from Helm.
Azagal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 25 Jun - 22:08 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

What about custom characters, would it be cool if you had the decision to forge a blade for yourself and name it ?
Then continuing to give it down your line
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 25 Jun - 22:27 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

I don ´t know if it´s possible, and i m not sure that great swords/weapons were forged in the late third age, or only in the dwarven and noldor kingdoms, and only in some specific places?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 25 Jun - 22:36 (2013)    Post subject: Decisions Reply with quote

I agree with Lonhaldar
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:39 (2017)    Post subject: Decisions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  >
Page 5 of 6

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange