The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Sauron portrait
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Characters/Dynasties/Cultures -> Character Portraits
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 1 May - 14:57 (2013)    Post subject: Sauron portrait Reply with quote

It's the Mouth of Sauron or the Witch-King, i suppose! Why Sauron needs a regent? he only got Lieutenant, but i don't remember that he can't rule his kingdom?
Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 1 May - 14:57 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 1 May - 15:00 (2013)    Post subject: Sauron portrait Reply with quote

Well can he really do anything himself, he's just an eye, I mean he can't lead troops into battle personally, he can't personally do anything and the only way to have that is make him incapable I thought
Visit poster’s website Skype
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 1 May - 15:30 (2013)    Post subject: Sauron portrait Reply with quote

An interesting topic, I agree with Redit. If we make Sauron "capable" he could lead armies etc. When Sauron gets the ring the regency will end, it could be an idea...
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Wed 1 May - 16:01 (2013)    Post subject: Sauron portrait Reply with quote

The Witch-king should hold Minas Morgul, I think the Mouth of Sauron would make a perfect regent for Sauron, as his title was the Lieutenant of Barad-dur, after all.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 1 May - 16:46 (2013)    Post subject: Sauron portrait Reply with quote

I agree Nuku, what culture is Mouth of Sauron by the way?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 1 May - 16:46 (2013)    Post subject: Sauron portrait Reply with quote

Black Numenorean?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 1 May - 16:47 (2013)    Post subject: Sauron portrait Reply with quote

Yes, in my memory, he was a black numenorean!
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Wed 1 May - 16:55 (2013)    Post subject: Sauron portrait Reply with quote

That he was. How old he was is up for debate, as Tolkien describes him as having serving Sauron his whole life and old long enough to forget his own name, something that Gollum still remembered at 500; so many scholars postulate that the Mouth of Sauron is much older.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 1 May - 16:58 (2013)    Post subject: Sauron portrait Reply with quote

So we need to work out how to force regents for various characters, and create some Black Numenoreans
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sun 5 May - 18:39 (2013)    Post subject: Sauron portrait Reply with quote

You can go ahead and create some black Numenorean characters, as I'm quite sure they don't need to be linked apart from the rulers of Umbar being linked to Castimir the Usurper. Although if you want to make it interesting, the Mouth of Sauron could be given the last King of Gondor as his history, captured in Minas Morgul with his fate unknown, making it possible he could have been tortured and corrupted to become the Mouth of Sauron, living long enough that even his name was forgotten...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 5 May - 18:52 (2013)    Post subject: Sauron portrait Reply with quote

That's a theory Very Happy Some Tolkiendili will have bad mood because of it Very Happy
In any case, we have to make some black numenorean characters, in Umbar, and maybe one or two in Mordor/Harad?
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Sun 5 May - 20:46 (2013)    Post subject: Sauron portrait Reply with quote

Well I don't prescribe to it myself, but I don't object it being used.
Donspagelgetti
Translators

PostPosted: Thu 9 May - 20:53 (2013)    Post subject: Sauron portrait Reply with quote

looks great Smile
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:26 (2017)    Post subject: Sauron portrait

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Characters/Dynasties/Cultures -> Character Portraits All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange